Emerson College RD Class 2023

Hey, I thought I’d start a discussion about Regular decision for Emerson!! I applied EA but got deferred to Regular but I still have hope! Emerson is my top choice and im wicked excited to hear back! Does anyone have any idea when that will be?

My son was also deferred from EA. On their website it says by 4/15 (UGH!)

Pretty sure regular is gonna come out somewhere between March 13th-18th (based off previous years)

Hope it comes out in the 13th

I love how the decision could be coming out today and everyone is just so calm ? I wish!!

@Lifeis14567 where did you hear it could come out today?

it’s too late in the day now but by looking at previous threads it looks like it could come out anytime between the 13th and 18th, don’t quote me on that tho haha

Hi! Current Emerson student here. RD usually comes out the Friday towards the middle of March, which would make tomorrow, 3/15, a reasonable date. Also, the Emerson UG twitter account just posted today #SomethingOld, which would then make tomorrow #SomethingNew. They did a word play like this with Early Action in December. Although there haven’t been any official statements, be on the lookout for an email to check your portal or be attentive on your portal.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about the college or campus life!

Actually it looks like they’re being released today. I just looked on the portal and it had a schedule of when decisions are being released

Where on the portal is the schedule??

I GOT IN FOR JOURNALISM AND GOT THE SPOTLIGHT SCHOLARSHIP OH MY GOD

STATS:
IN-STATE
SAT: 1380
GPA: 3.5 UW
AP SCORES: ENGLANG (5), USHISTORY (3), IN AP PSYCH AND ENG LIT THIS YEAR, other classes are mostly honors
EC’S:
Starring roles in musicals for past 2 years
4 years of leadership in my acapella club, many solo’s in performances
Part of advanced chorus group (Chamber Singers(for 2 years) and have received some awards
SUMA award recipient (academic achievement)
Part of multicultural club for 3 years
Winner of New York Times Found Poetry Contest in 2017

Volunteered at old folk’s home and sang/played music for them for 3 years
Have worked at a part-time job in a packaging store for 2 years, total time working part-time 3 years

ESSAYS: Really good and creative imo, my personal essay was about my job at the packaging store and the fascinating people/stories I’ve found there

AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! I’M SO HAPPY!

Accepted to Business of Creative Enterprises Program!!!

GPA: 4.0 W
SAT: 1200
AP Scores: 5 APS (2 junior year 3 senior year), 4 on AP Lang and 3 on AP US
EC: Service Trip to Greece for 2 weeks, Treasurer of Habitat for Humanity, Internships (Business Related), NHS
Essays: they are good lol

Good luck everyone, hope you get good news, and congrats if you do.

cp2019, you are going to love it. My daughter is going to be one of the first BCE grads, come next December. It’s a great program.

accepted for journalism! out of state from CA
stats: 3.5 UW 3.9 W
sat score 1160
7 aps
lots of EC and good essays
i think my supplemental essay is what got me in

Aceepted for Journalism with the Spotlight Scholarship!!! :slight_smile:

GPA: 3.98
SAT: 1220
Extracurriculars: a lot but my main ones are -Model UN (I am an officer and ran an interscholastic conference at my school)
-Dance classes since Kindergarten/featured dancer in the school musicals throughout high school
-Vice president of my county’s Youth Board (the board is made up of adults mostly, I run meetings when the president is absent and I represent my high school/give the members an idea of what is going on with the youth in my county)
Letters of rec: one from the club advisor of Model UN who also happened to be my teacher sophomore year, another from my english teacher sophomore/junior year (great letters, great relationship with both teachers)
Essays: very well written, creative, and showed a lot about me I feel! Tied my different interests together nicely
***I was never on my school newspaper or anything due to not having enough time and bc I only decided i wanted to do journalism mid junior year! I have a blog with a few published pieces that I linked, but that’s it. To anyone freaking out who is applying next year, anything is possible! NYUs loss (may possibly be) Emerson’s gain haha #stillsalty

enr3291…congrats! Check out the Emerson Urban Dance Theatre (EUDT) when you get to campus. My daughter has been part of their tap group since freshman year. She’ll be in LA next fall, otherwise I’d tell her to look for you if you check it out.

@CNK624 Thanks so much! I’ll definitely ask about it out on accepted students day and if I end up at Emerson I’ll probs join! I love tap :slight_smile: