Emory Class of 2027 Official Thread

The university’s website still shows on campus

email says virtual?

the letter from the scholar portal said a three-day visit, but email said virtual, and the website said on-campus visit, so pretty confusing

1 Like

D23 is accepted RD and invited to the Woodruff Scholars Finalists Weekend: 1570 SAT, 4.47 WGPA, published research and mostly music related ECs, 16 APs, Diff EQ & Multi Calc.

2 Likes

Finalists weekend is virtual, I was wrong to think it was in person, I am sorry, but attendance is mandatory to be considered.

1 Like

really hoping it’s in-person! the email said virtual though, so I’m a bit confused.

1 Like

D not a finalist. Should’ve been. Emory’s loss.

IB Diploma (4 HLs)
35 ACT
4.0.4/6+
Rank 1/550
significant leadership and major related ECs plus 20 hr/week job and 2 sports.

I’m kinda done with college admissions BS. Glad she’s got a good offer already in hand.

3 Likes

Feeling the same way over here. Similar stats (35 ACT, Governor’s Honors, Star Student, great ECs, excellent essays, glowing LORs, likely Valedictorian) → not a finalist. Praying for other merit, because Emory has been my son’s top choice since middle school…

3 Likes

My advice to my kids: love the school that loves you back. The others simply aren’t worth fretting over. (they don’t necessarily follow my advice). Hoping the best for your son. I’m sure he will have many great options come March.

1 Like

This is the antithesis to the “likely letter” from ivies. The first interaction with a school shouldn’t be a rejection… I’m sure some kids will later get some merit, and maybe attractive aid packages, but the first rejection sets the tone…

2 Likes

My DS is a finalist too. It’s still unclear if the scholar week is in person or virtual.

1 Like

Just got an email. Finalist week is in person! So excited.

1 Like

did you ask the admin office and get reply? or did the email send to all? thanks

I think all finalists got the email.

1 Like

Are you Woodruff scholar finalist or Goizueta Scholar finalist? I am wondering why I have not received this email yet.

Yes, todays email confirmed it’s in person

1 Like

I am a finalist but I have not received this email yet. are you Woodruff scholar finalist? what time did you receive it?

1 Like

Woodruff. My DS got the email.

1 Like

Thanks. I am Goizueta Scholar finalist. Hopefully, it is also in person.

1 Like

Did he get one email yesterday and another one today?

My D23 is also Woodruff Finalist.

UPD: she got an email too, scholars weekend is in person, woot-woot! Oh, Emory!!! :slight_smile: