Emory Class of 2027 Official Thread

Woodruff Scholar finalist

I just created a discord server for finalists: Discord.
Might be better to discuss related items here, rather than crowd this thread LOL.
We can perhaps also prep for the interview together.

3 Likes

Thank you! Sent this to my daughter.

Congrats!!!

Does anyone know if the students are staying on campus or if we need to find lodging outside of campus for the scholar week event?

I couldn’t agree more. It’s a piss poor way to run admissions and merit aid.

2 Likes

Has Emory let anyone know the official date of the release of Regular Decisions? I know it says April 1st, but sometimes the info goes out a week or so earlier. The waiting is tough.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing

1 Like

Does anyone know how heavily Emory weighs legacy? I know they “consider” it but I also have Emory friends who’s kids didn’t get in or got wailisted originally then got in. Assume the student is highly qualified (5.0 GPA, 34 ACT, rigorous courseload etc etc)

Is the admitted students portal link from last year still a thing? can anyone see a decision yet?

https://admission.emory.edu/portal/admitted_students?cmd=enroll

I can’t see anything

3 Likes

says “You are not an authorized user of this site. If you have received this message in error, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.”

2 Likes

I don’t have kid’s password. So what does it mean? See if people can log in using their password for the application portal?

Last year Emory posted admissions decisions on Wednesday, March 30th. Guessing it will be Wednesday, March 29th this year.

1 Like

i think it will not work till the decisions date, since they may upload admitted students info to their servers on the decision drop day :slight_smile: as far as i remember, last year people could log on to this portal 4 hours before the official results, but i’d not read into it

2 Likes

Not sure but we know two legacy students that got in ED1. One was a strong student from a very strong school. The other was a decent student from a decent school.

1 Like

To accepted from ED and Scholars
Has Emory sent out any info on when the in-person Admitted student days will be in April?

Does anyone use slate at all? What status is your application. Mine shows complete.

Decisions come out Wednesday per Emory Instagram

6 Likes

“after 6pm”

2 Likes