Engineering at University of Wisconsin-Madison

Does anyone have the admission stats for Engineering at University of Wisconsin Madison? Also what testing do they require? Subject tests? I know their engineering is highly ranked and will be more difficult than other major’s admission, but I can’t seem to find any specifics. OOS student.
Thanks!

https://www.engr.wisc.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/

You just have to designate an engineering major on the application. UW-Madison doesn’t require subject tests; however, you will want to make sure your ACT is well above 30 (or the SAT equivalent) and shows a strong Math component. You will also need a very high uw gpa taking a tough college prep course load.

Currently, the domestic non-resident admit rate (excluding the MN compact) is around 50% over all programs and colleges; direct admit to nursing, engineering, business, and other highly competitive majors will obviously have a lower rate.

Not positive about this but would expect that the progression requirements serve as a weeder, so you might look into those to make sure they appear doable for your intended major.

@JBStillFlying great, that’s really helpful-thank you. Engineering is so different than other majors as far as entrance that I’m trying to be sure he looks at many different selectivity levels -all strong in engineering though. He is a hard worker and has a very high math SAT and A’s in his AP’s math and sciences, so progression requirements should not be a problem. I think Madison’s campus is great, I’ll have to schedule a visit for him.
Thanks!

Good luck to him!