Engineering Co-ops all in Tuscaloosa?

how does the co-op program work for a Mech Engr or Electrical Engr student? are all the co-op opportunities located in Tuscaloosa? or are there UA Engr Co-op possibilities in Huntsville?

Have you scoured the coop site yet? They have a lot of information. They also have a packet from previous years with info about each company and their locations and what majors they are accepting and if they provide housing or a stipend. Then there’s a simplified version that lists all of the companies, the majors they want, and where they are located. There are normally about 80 companies each year. For ME I am not quite sure what is in T-town, possibly Nucor, and then there’s a tire plant, Hunt Refinery, and maybe one other. For ECE there’s Alabama Power but that’s in Bham. You should go check out the site and find the flyer. They usually hand it out to each freshman and sophomore class at the beginning of the semester.

@iamfuniswear
The Spring 2017 interview day lists only 50 companies. Is the Fall interview day different?
http://coop.eng.ua.edu/files/Company-IDay-Requirements.pdf

Co-ops can be anywhere. My son’s ChemE roomies did Co-ops in Texas and Louisiana.

Yes. Co-Ops are all over the country. My son is doing his in Seattle, WA.

Mercedes and Nucor are very competitive because many students usually like themselves into Fall leases before the Co-op interviews.

Could you elaborate? Also I think there’s a typo. “like” themselves into Fall leases?

Back when I was in school I had engineering and accounting friends who co-oped for NASA in Huntsville, AL.

like should be lock.

But how does one get into a lease “before the interview”?

@mundanewarrior Spring co-op interviews are before spring break – usually around Feb 15-28 – and many students sign their apartment/house leases for the fall very early. Many of them are signing leases in Oct-Nov-Dec-Jan for a lease the begins the following August! Sounds a little crazy, but it’s true.