Engineering Scholarship Question

<p>Posting this question for another mom --</p>

<p>If a student has the Presidential scholarship and an engineering scholarship (but does not have a housing scholarship) and decides after freshman year to move off campus and not have a meal plan, what happens to the $2500 scholarship? Is it used towards fees? If there is extra over fees, is the $ refunded so it can be used towards off campus housing?</p>

<p>i think that would be a case where the student would end up with credit in his account and it would be refunded to the student.</p>

<p>this is the position that we are in this year.</p>

<p>Mom2 has mentioned that any extra scholarship money will be sent by check or direct deposit to the student. Dont forget that besides the fees, you will still hsve to pay 300 each semester for bama dining. Also football tickets, books etc can be paid with this scholarship money too.</p>

<p>Yes, after course fees and Dining Dollars are deducted, anything leftover will be refunded to the student.</p>

<p>Bumping this to get info for another parent: I know if a student chooses engineeering there is another $2500/year scholarship on top of the regular OOS scholarship. But I seem to remember that there’s a “bump” in which scholarship they get for stats. i.e. a student with 1390 SAT scores should qualify for the UA Scholar 2/3 tuition scholarship, but do they get bumped up to Presidential + the $2500 if they’re engineering?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Here are the engineering scholarships which are in addition to the university scholarships:</p>

<p>College of Engineering Scholarships 2013-2014</p>

<p>In-State
Students who have a 27-29 ACT or 1210-1320 SAT (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive $1,500 per year for four years.
Students who have a 30-36 ACT or 1330-1600 SAT (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive $2,500 per year for four years. </p>

<p>Out-of-State
Students who have a 27-29 ACT or 1210-1320 SAT (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive $1,500 per year for four years.
Students who have a 30-31 ACT or 1330-1390 SAT (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive a tuition supplement to bring their University-level scholarship offer up to the value of tuition. In addition, they will receive $2,500 per year for four years.
Students who have a 32-36 ACT or 1400-1600 SAT (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive $2,500 per year for four years.
Students must maintain enrollment in a College of Engineering degree program to receive any College of Engineering scholarship.</p>

<p>Does the engineering scholarship stack on top of the National Merit Scholarship?</p>

<p>Yes, it does.</p>

<p>NRDMOM: Thanks! (rushing to post in other forum now!)</p>