Engineering students/Alumni -- What HS GPA/Test scores did you have???

<p>I'm a rising senior and my dream school is Virginia Tech. I really want to study engineering there, but I'm afraid my GPA/Scores don't match the standards. </p>

<p>My question is, for all of you who attend/have attended VT for Undergraduate Engineering, what was your High school GPA/SAT/ACT? I don't personally know anybody who has gone to VT for engineering, so I have no idea what to expect as far as admissions goes.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the feedback!!</p>

<p>Here are my son’s stats:</p>

<p>Math 760 / Reading 600
UW GPA 3.6 (based on a 6pt grading scale…94-100 = A, 87-93 = B, etc.) no plus / minus
Math/Science complete before Senior year…Chem, Physics, AP EnviroSci (4 on exam), AP Calc (5 on exam)
Senior Core Classes: AP English, AP Stats, AP Physics, AP Govt
In-state
Hampton Roads area</p>

<p>Accepted ED, currently a senior in ME.</p>

<p>You might want to check with your school counselor as they have access to the stats of accepted students from your area. Best of luck.</p>

<p>At the engineering orientation they told us the average SAT score for engineering is 1340 for the current freshman class and the average GPA is 4.1. My son had a 1540 and 4.1 GPA and was accepted to Engineering and Honors. Although Honors is not strictly based on scores. AP Physics and AP Calc will definitely help. Good luck!</p>

<p>My son is an OOS freshman in engineering at VT. Here are his stats from last year:</p>

<p>SAT: 740 Math, 720 Verbal, 690 Writing
GPA: 3.95 (unweighted); 4.6 weighted
AP classes: Calc AB, Calc BC, Physics, CS IV, English, Spanish, US Govt.</p>

<p>He did not get into the honors program, but engineering has enough requirements to fulfill without honors on top of it. He is living in the Galileo program and loving it. Good luck.</p>