English 11 vs IB lang and lit SL

<p>Firstly, I'm not taking the full IB diploma and even so, some of my grades aren't so good. I need some sort of backup grade to help me up. I know that if I move to English 11, I will get an A as opposed to the B I currently receive in IB Lang and Lit SL (some of my other non-diploma friends have said that the teacher is an easier grader) </p>

<p>So what should I do? Get an A in English 11 or suffer with a B in IB lang and lit SL? The majors I want to take doesn't really emphasize this subject. </p>

<p>11th grade is supposed to be the most important year and if my grades are drooping, I don't see why I should take a different class that seems very similar and get a better grade in it. (Especially when I'm not a full diploma student)</p>

<p>Would colleges look at my transcript and ask why I didn't take lang and lit sl? It is SL afterall, not even HL.</p>

<p>It’s a weighted grade. You only have a B. colleges will look at rigor of classes and that you took the hardest classes possible, not only the grade you got. You are doing fine, and you will probably improve over the course of the year. Stay in IB Lang and lit.</p>