English/Writing transfer admitted to UCI, waitlisted at UCSD. Conundrum inside

<p>So, I’m a CCC student who screwed up last semester due in part to the wonders of illness and relationships, so I decided to put off transferring another year to raise my GPA again. Despite that, I applied to four schools at the last second, just to see what would happen: UCSD, UCI, Berkeley, and UCLA. Surprisingly, I got into UCI, and I’ve just accepted to be put on the waitlist for UCSD.</p>

<p>I originally wanted to wait another year to bring my GPA up and enroll in some honors classes to attempt a TAP for UCLA and try again for Berkeley for the hell of it, or even just try for a more liberal arts friendly UC in Northern California.</p>

<p>My issues:

• I will have around 108 semester units completed by the time I get my ideal GPA. Not exactly attractive for the liberal arts.
  • I’ll be 25 in August. I don’t really want to be a 30 year old graduate, not that there’s anything wrong with that.
  • And as a writer, I feel like I would benefit from a different (non-commuter, active social scene) liberal arts focused campus. So I feel like UCI or UCSD aren’t the best settings. </p>

<p>Basically, I want some real opinions. Am I being too picky? Unrealistic? Over analyzing? Too focused on the “prestige” of a school for an undergraduate education? Should I just buck up and go to UCI or UCSD if I’m accepted and get it over with? I know college is what you make of it (even community college teaches you that), but whatever.</p>

<p>Real talk please. Seriously. Thanks!</p>

<p>You need to understand that 108 semester units will not transfer, only 70 units will transfer, and there are also no guarantees you will get in to your favorites next year either. Something else to consider, the average age of the undergrads is 20 at most of the schools. Just remember a bird in the hand, and go with it.</p>