Essay C on ApplyTexas

So I know this essay is optional, but I’m not going to risk not doing it. Here is the prompt:

Essay C - Optional
You’ve got a ticket in your hand. Where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there?

What are the admission officers looking for? What did all of you write about?

Would I be able to talk about how this ticket was a ticket to get on a tv show and I have been a fan of the show for the majority of my life?

Thanks in advance!

While optional, to be competitive, you need to do it.
AO’s are looking for your answer. It is just one more avenue to get to know who you are. Don’t write what you think they want to hear. What they want to hear is your story. Your ticket can take you anywhere to do anything. Real or fantasy. Future or past. Do with it what you want.

This is your opportunity to give insight into who you are beyond your stats. When someone reads your essay, they should know it is YOU that wrote it. The trick is to input your personal traits, challenges you overcome or face, goals or something that screams “it’s me”. Essays here are used for admissions (if needed) and scholarships.

We were told to “be creative”. Trips to the future, the past, into a movie, into a TV series, into a book, to Hogwarts, have all been written. Your idea will be fine. They want to see that it is you. My son wrote about a ticket to go to a cattle drive in the past. (he wants to be an equine vet so relevant to who he is). This is an essay to enjoy writing.

@Thelma2 @AGmomx2 @momocarly Thanks for the help! Another question, how long should these essays be. It says on their website that they should average about a page and a half, but that’s kind of unclear due to different fonts. Do any of you know the word count or line count that they expect?

Write your essays in Notepad. It is a basic word processor in windows.

Apply Texas says this: Any text you input will be converted to a mono-space font and any formatting you may have done (bullets, tabs, etc.) will be lost. In addition, if you cut and paste your essay from Word, some characters may not translate properly.

To open Notepad, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Notepad.

Make sure to read it and that it all copied and nothing got chopped off. Don’t assume it is all there after copying and pasting. A Maximum of 120 lines per essay will be sent.

Here are the essay instructions on Apply Texas. Tells you all you need to know. https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/html/faq_essay.html