Estimate your admissions decision from UCD

<p>for what major where they applying?^</p>

<p>anyone know the cut off point for davis this year ?</p>

<p>bump…</p>

<p>What… I thought Davis as holistic.</p>

<p>nope. Only UCLA and Cal are holistic. </p>

<p>Also, Davis has different cutoffs by groups of majors, thus harder to get a picture of the cutoff values as the number of data points gets too small with CC reports. The best way to update this thread is to look at the reports from applicants when they received their results in March, gleaning what you can about those who calculated a point value and either did or did not get the result they expected.</p>

<p>One further benefit of knowing the methodology is to be able to talk with admissions if you are not offered a spot. You can mention points you think you should have been alloted and discuss any difference. It may turn out that the admissions reader didn’t understand the situation and would have granted more points had they known more about your situation. It could be the basis for a successful appeal, for example, because it represents something new that changes the decision.</p>

<p>some-dude UCSB does have a poitn system, it is just too opaque to mirror to assess your own chances.</p>

<p>They state that half the decision is based on certain factors like UC GPA and standardized testing. that can be modeled well. The other half is based on various types of ‘promise’, things like academic or sports or other achievements, but there is no discussion of the rubric for assigning these points. I guess what is clear is that if someone meets the cutoff value on the parts that are known, they will get in even if they are alloted no poitns for promise. The wildcard is the promise side, which can catapult someone to a yes decision even with stats that are far below average for SB.</p>

<p>What are equivalent roles to Pres/VP? I was thinking things like Editorships, but I’m not so sure.</p>

<p>Serafina - I think it has to be editor in chief and of the major paper for the HS, if I remember a discussion correctly from a few years back. If you will be going on a visit to UCSD, they make admissions officers available after every tour and they are quite open to answering these kinds of questions face to face.</p>

<p>Ah, that kinda sucks, since I founded/co-founded and headed a lot of activities, so I guess I won’t worry about the leadership role points - thanks!</p>