Estimate your admissions decision from UCSD

<p>So does Berkeley and LA use the same chart, just with different cut offs? If so, does a 8000 sound reasonable for Berkeley?</p>

<p>BERK and LA are holistic, and do not use point systems.</p>

<p>SoCaliii - each campus has its own admissions method. Cal and UCLA don't use a points system, but each of the others has a unique formula. See posts here on estimating your admissions decisions at UCD and UCSC for two other examples.</p>

<p>rider730: So let me see if I understand. UCSD values volunteer service but UCD and UCSC don't? Of course, one does not do volunteer service to be "rewarded" but isn't it something schools should value as part of "real world" exposure and service?</p>

<p>each campus values different factors and with different emphasis.</p>

<p>40 or more UC eligible classes? are these like 40 credits or do we need 40 classes on the transcript we typed in online. I"ve only taken around 25 classes, including senior year haha, i can't imagine taking 40 classes.</p>

<p>They probably count a semester as a class or something.</p>

<p>Each semester is a "class". 25 full-year classes = 50 semesters = 50 a-g courses. Although check to make sure they ARE a-g. Like my school requires a huge waste of 6 semesters of PE and health, which dont count >:[
College courses also count, so if you take a bunch of classes at your local CC, those can be used toward your total. That's how people wind up with 50+</p>

<p>so that means "full year courses" count as two semesters? even though only one grade? I hope I meet that requirement...</p>

<p>for the 500 points for classes beyond minimum requirements, do they count foreign language and math classes taken in 7th and 8th grades?</p>

<p>Yes, if (for example) you took Algebra 1 and Spanish 1 in middle-school.</p>

<p>what if u know u took middle school math and language, but don't exactly remember the specifics (grade, name) so u didn't put it on the app? will the UC assume u took those classes if u start HS in the higher math/language levels?</p>

<p>wow, I didn't put Algebra 1 or my foreign languages in 7th and 8th.</p>

<p>I can't believe there are so many places to screw up on the UC App.. -.-</p>

<p>wait, does the UC count senior year courses for a-g? I forgot to put 7th and 8th grade, so that takes out like 4 a-g courses.</p>

<p>I only have 37 A-G from frosh to soph. </p>

<p>Adding in senior would be 47 courses.</p>

<p>On my UC application under community service, I wrote that I spend 25 hours a year organizing a team for Relay For Life because my mom is a cancer survivor. Does the fact that my mother is a survivor get me 250 points for a minor event occurring in my life?</p>

<p>sports61:</p>

<p>Yes, if you take Span 2 (oe 3) as a Frosh, UC will assume that you took Span 1 in middle school.</p>

<p>tkd: if you take Alg II in high school (and you did since its required), UC will assume you took Alg I in a former life.</p>

<p>hehe this thread has become a Q & A thread</p>

<p>is the death of grandparents who live with you considered as an immediate family?</p>

<p>I would say so.</p>

<p>Do Community College courses count as one semester or two?
And do you think senior year courses count for the a-g >33 & >40? portion?</p>