Fall 2024 admission decisions -FAU

I believe merit scholarships will be awarded in January.

Congratulations to your son! :tada:

1 Like

In- state

If in-state, better option is to apply for Bright Futures scholarship. The requirements are comparatively easier than school merit scholarships.

Merit awards have a high bar and it will be automatically considered if you qualify.
Good luck to your daughter.

Yes, thanks. She already has the threshold for the FAS bright futures.

1 Like

Accepted and offered the honors option. If anyone else is curious about merit, admissions stated merit announcements will be mailed out in the coming weeks.

Thank you, my daughter was accepted into honors and business program a few weeks ago but we have not received anything in the mail yet. And no mention of merit yet, so have been wondering

We didn’t receive anything in physical mail yet.

My daughter got her packet in the mail today including merit scholarships. She got $5k per year from combined from Spirit of Atlantic $2k and FAU 100 $3k scholarships.

2 Likes

Awesome, congrats and best wishes to your daughter!

Yes, S24 got his mail from FAU! We, the parents are thrilled. S24 is busy with applying to UF (SSAR / residency proof).
Next steps are: putting in housing and deposit by March/April.
For Bright Futures, he needs to do FFAA application.
Of course, GPA!

We attended a session on financial details for college. We’re not sure of applying for FAFSA as it may not be helpful. On preliminary research, only households with upto 30k annual income qualify for federal loans.