Fall Move-In 2012 schedule announced

<p>Good afternoon!</p>

<p>We have posted the Fall 2012 Move-In schedule at movein.ua.edu.</p>

<p>Please be aware that there are some changes from years past, so please check the website over the next few weeks for more info.</p>

<p>There are a couple of road closures during the typical move in time that will affect some buildings on some days. In order to accommodate our students in the most efficient way, we have limited certain floors (In high rises Tutwiler and Presidential Village) to certain times and days in order to move in our students in the most convenient and organized manner. This should cut down on elevator lines and waiting times for elevators.</p>

<p>Students will be able to sign up for Move-In times on June 15, 2012. Please call our office if you have questions about the schedule or Move-In.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine Gascoigne</p>

<p>Early Arrivals - Approved early arrival activities are:
Sorority recruitment, Million Dollar Band and Alabama (Outdoor) Action </p>

<p>Thurs 8/9/12 1:00-6:00pm Tutwiler floors 10-14 and Presidential Village floors 6-7 </p>

<p>Fri 8/10/12 8:00am-12:00pm Tutwiler floors 6-9 and Presidential Village floors 4-5
1:00-6:00pm Tutwiler floors 1-5 and Presidential Village floors 1-3
and Ridgecrest South (all floors) </p>

<p>Sat 8/11/12 8:00am-1:00pm Tutwiler (all floors)
8:00am-12:00pm All buildings except Presidential Village and Bryant Hall
1:00-5:00pm All buildings except Presidential Village and Bryant Hall</p>

<p>Freshman Move-In
Thurs 8/16/12 8:00am-12:00pm Presidential Village floors 6-7
1:00-5:00pm Presidential Village floors 4-5 </p>

<p>Fri 8/17/12 8:00am-12:00pm Presidential Village floors 1-3
1:00-5:00pm Presidential Village (all floors) </p>

<p>Sat 8/18/12 8:00am-12:00pm All buildings except Harris and Tutwiler*
1:00-5:00pm All buildings </p>

<p>Returner Move-In
Sun 8/19/12 8:00am-12:00pm All buildings
1:00-5:00pm All buildings</p>

<p>Do you know if the Presidential Village dorms are for Honors? My son is not in Honors and has one of the latest housing times and I am trying to figure out which day he will most likely be moving in - I am assuming on Saturday but I am not familiar with all of the dorms so I don’t know what the Presidential Village is…</p>

<p>Presidential Village is all Non-Honors</p>

<p>smrson
The Presidential Village is the newest suite style residence hall. It is brand new so the first residents will be moving in this fall! I think there are pictures over at the residential and housing web site.<br>
It is set up (2 rooms on the left and 2 rooms on the right of the LR/DR area) like Ridgecrest South is so you could look under RCS also to see what it is going to be like :)</p>

<p>Maybe I’m missing this, but when would freshman honors residents (Ridgecrest, Riverside, etc.) move in?</p>

<p>OK thanks - I guess I should wait to see where he will be living before I book any flights down - thanks for the info!</p>

<p>Chardo
The freshman honors residents (unless they are doing AA, OA or sorority recruitment) move in with every one else. </p>

<p>So if they are living in the Presidential village (which is non-honors but honors can choose to live in) it would be Thurs or Fri. All other buildings move in on Saturday 8/18. </p>

<p>My understanding is the students will get to pick a move in time online beginning June 15</p>

<p>Hope that helps :)</p>

<p>Thanks for posting the dates - it really helps with planning :)</p>