Family Weekend 2011

<p>The website says the tentative schedule will be posted in the coming months. Can someone who has attended the family weekend the past year or two give a summary of what the scheduled events are on Friday and what time does the first one start. Not sure whether to book a Thursday night or Friday morning flight.</p>

<p>Any comments??</p>

<p>Racketdad - registration is usually on Friday morning to mid-day. Then there is a lunch and activities in the afternoon on Friday. On Saturday there is the football game with the tailgate party with the Donna. You will want to take the bus services from the university to the stadium. Makes it much easier. The Sunday program is a walk-a-thon and really is a minimal day. We go on Friday and leave Sunday morning. Were west coasters. Book the hotel now especially if you want the place that is across the street from the university. Its the Holiday Inn Coral Gables.</p>

<p>We’re 5 years removed from our only parents day experience. As mxjeff says the big day is Saturday with lots of presentations and the football game. My personal take on it was that it’s a glorified campus tour/orientation event. My then freshman was much more interested in lying on the beach at our hotel and having dad sign for the food. </p>

<p>After the first year we found it a lot more fun for everyone to pick a weekend a few weeks before Spring Break and head down there to visit. Son got to sit on the beach and eat and we got away from the Michigan winter. A win-win for all involved.</p>

<p>P.S. The football game was kind of boring. The stadium is far from campus, not nearly as many students go as I would have expected and if it’s really hot that day the stands will only be partially filled. </p>

<p>P.P.S. I’ll admit I’m spoiled. We live in Ann Arbor and the Michigan - Big House experience is very hard to match.</p>

<p>We haven’t gone to one yet…our DS is not really interested in having us come down for it…Perhaps he thinks we’ll “cramp his style” haha! He just feels that Thanksgiving is around the corner and his weekends tend to be busy with homework and fun stuff that he wouldn’t want to miss…so, we have never gone.</p>