Few Questions about Geneseo

<p>Hello to all readers in the forum.</p>

<p>I’ve been accepted to Geneseo with a full ride financial aid.<br>
All of you have different opinions about Geneseo and I’d like to hear all of them.
Is Geneseo really better than Binghamton? I know they’re competitive in being SUNY #1 but all I hear is that Binghamton is the #1 SUNY. I have applied to other schools but my guidance counselor is pushing me to go to Geneseo over other colleges I applied to, since they’re offering me a good aid and it’s a good school. </p>

<li><p>How’s the internet service in Geneseo? I’m an internet geek, can’t get off from internet even for a second. </p></li>
<li><p>How are dorms? Some are good and some are bad, like other colleges? Or are they good overall? Are there single rooms? All doubles? etc.</p></li>
<li><p>How’s food?</p></li>
<li><p>How big are classes? Are they big or small? I need my professor’s full help if they can, being an international student, I’m weak in English and usually hard to understand some of the materials.</p></li>
<li><p>I heard that the ethnic diversity is very low at Geneseo. Are people friendly overall?</p></li>
<li><p>I heard that it’s a beautiful place. But how beautiful? Eyes are different to different people. But is it better than Cornell, for example.</p></li>
<li><p>How are activities in Geneseo? I would love to attend those activities/clubs in my spare time, rather than drinking at the parties. </p></li>
</ol>

<p>Those are my questions. If you guys can answer, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.</p>

<ul>
<li>B</li>
</ul>

<p>Please share first how this works? Geneseo and all SUNY schools are pretty tight with the dollars in financial aid. How does an international student get a full ride?</p>

<p>Well, I'm in process with my permanent status visa type. I've sent all of my legal documents and etc. Trusting me was a total appreciation for me, and now Geneseo is the highest consideration for me.</p>

<p>Hi, I am also attending Geneseo from this Jan 2006. I would just like to know...did you apply for the FAFSA? How did they evaluate your Expected Family Contribution? Thanks</p>

<p>Yes I did.</p>

<p>My expected family contribution was 0. </p>

<p>I'm attending Geneseo right now.</p>

<p>I'll answer my own questions since no one has answered them yet.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>If you're a gamer, you probably won't like the network in Geneseo. The speed varies depending on the time. Also, the ports are blocked so unless you ask the network director directly to open the ports for you, you won't be able to play. If you're just planning to use internet to research, school work etc, then you're fine.</p></li>
<li><p>Rooms are great. Suite rooms are generally smaller than the corridor rooms but you know, you get a kitchen for 4 suites, bathroom for your own suite and a living room within the suite. Suites are very comfortable. Corridor styles are generally big.</p></li>
<li><p>Food is great. Better than other schools, I bet.</p></li>
<li><p>Depends. Classes like General Biology or Chemistry, they're big, but still, smaller than other schools. About 150-200 in each class. It's because Geneseo is a college of Sciences and Arts. Teachers are GREAT. Well, of course, some aren't. But I can guarantee you, that most professors are really helpful and nice.</p></li>
<li><p>Diversity is still low. I haven't seen a South American student yet. There are more Asians than the African Americans. The school's mostly White. I guess you could say that people are friendly. But most people are from one or two areas, Long Island, around Geneseo like Rochester, etc. I haven't seen many from the city or Westchester like mine.</p></li>
<li><p>The school is on a big Hill. Classes on top of the hills and dorms at the bottom. If you're willing to walk up for every class, it's ok. The school's Ok. I won't say beautiful. It's going under construction.</p></li>
<li><p>Many clubs. Many parties as well. </p></li>
</ol>

<p>I hope this helps. Email me if you have any question. <a href="mailto:jy6@geneseo.edu">jy6@geneseo.edu</a></p>

<p>THat was very interesting to read, CHise. I just got accepted to Geneseo ED. Cant wait to see you there :D</p>

<p>Very nice ;)</p>

<p>I hope you don't get stuck with a triple. And the North side here in Geneseo has better dorms than the South side (If you've visited you'll know what I mean :)). I hope this gives you a heads up on some stuff.</p>

<p>North side is also closer to classes.</p>

<p>Any reccomendations for specific residence halls? Or maybe some to stay away from?</p>

<p>Ones I know are good:</p>

<p>Genesee Hall - Suite. 4 Suites makes a 'Quad,' 1 Kitchen for a quad. 1 Bathroom for each suite, 1 'livingroom' for each suite, 3 or 4 rooms a suite. Rooms are smaller than corridor style rooms, but you get other things. Laundry room, 2 washers and 2 dryers in each floor.</p>

<p>Ontario Hall - Suite. Similar to Genesee.</p>

<p>Wyoming/Putnam Halls - Suite. Putnam hall is the latest built hall done few years ago if not last year. Best looking hall in the campus. </p>

<p>Jones Hall - Biggest corridor style rooms in the campus. Sometimes you get to be placed with 2 other people since it's big enough to have 3 people to use but it's known to have the biggest corridor style rooms.</p>

<p>Ok:</p>

<p>Steuben and Livingston - Corridor style. Rooms arent that big but livable. </p>

<p>South Side is a bit too far from classes, honestly. Onondaga is where many of the freshmen are placed. It's crowded. Some rooms are small but still placed with 3 people. I honestly don't like it.</p>

<p>Others, I don't know. There are 4 dining halls.</p>

<p>Letchworth is in North
I forgot the name but one in South
MJ in middle
One in Union</p>

<p>And Merry Christmas</p>

<p>Hi, i have a question about geneseo.
Does geneseo have a good undergrad business program? (Is the school better known for its sciences or business)</p>

<p>thanks in advance</p>

<p>Science.</p>

<p>I believe Geneseo has a good Business program as well. But definitely better science program.</p>

<p>when do decisions come out for regular decision</p>

<p>Mid-march I believe</p>

<p>this information is really great to know! obviously I’m a couple years late but thanks chise, I’m sorry no one helped you out but you were really informative and sure helped me out!</p>