Financial Aid Packages?

<p>So i looked at my UM account and it said that i have no FA documents pending. Does that mean that they have received my application or they have not gotten my fafsa. I know i submitted one</p>

<p>Same on mine. So when should we here about aid? </p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T989 using CC</p>

<p>OK good i thought something went wrong. They said around mid marchish i believe.</p>

<p>I’m a current student and even mine said no documents pending. I submitted my FAFSA on Jan 1st (estimates) and then updated it in mid-February with actual numbers, thus completely finishing the FAFSA. Still no update. They just switched from myUM to CaneLink on Monday and nothing was reflected there. I emailed OFAS and they confirmed that they have my FAFSA, even though I don’t see that in my account. So chances are they have yours, too. If you are truly worried, you can always email the OFAS and ask, they are extremely helpful all the time.</p>

<p>We submitted the FAFSA for S - and it said no documents pending for quite awhile until it was changed with the message that we were chosen for verification. My guess is that if yours is still showing that message - you don’t need to do anything else (like we did) but just wait for your FA award letter.</p>

<p>Ok thank you ljrfrm. just curious when did your FA status change?</p>

<p>S got an email from the FA office on Feb 25th that told him to go to MyUM for an update. Once there, we saw the notes of what needed to be mailed in for the verification. We had noticed the FAFSA had been uploaded the week before, so it was about a week after it was uploaded that they contacted us for more information.</p>

<p>:( should i be worried then because i have not received any of these messages</p>

<p>No, because you may not have been selected for verification like their family was.</p>

<p>so that means… i got nothing? :(</p>

<p>Verification is a random federal process where they check to make sure you’re reporting your financial information correctly. It doesn’t mean you didn’t receive an aid.</p>

<p><<should i be worried then because i have not received any of these messages ??</p>

<p>No, not at all. The opposite. You don’t have anything you have to do. Some people are randomly chosen for verification - in 4 years, this is the first time we’ve been chosen. If you haven’t heard anything, that’s good. It means there’s nothing you need to do or send them. Believe me, this is a big pain so be glad you haven’t heard anything. The last I spoke with FA (we had questions about paperwork they needed) we were told they are hoping to have FA awards out by mid-March or so. At this point, you just need to wait until awards come out.</p>

<p>OMG thank you guys for responding. whew. one less thing to worry about. I was also wondering does Umiami give enough to meet the EFC on the FAFSA or they decide what you need?</p>

<p>Your “need” is the total cost of attendance (CoA) minus your expected family contribution (EFC). Miami claims to meet 100% of need, however, this may not, and most likely will not, be just in grants and scholarships. Loans are included in their meeting of your need.</p>

<p>My need (EFC) was met 100% without loans through grants. This was after subtracting all of my merit money, obviously.</p>