FIT Applicants - FALL 2020

Hi guys! I am applying for the FBM major and I am transferring from a community college in Oregon. I applied for Spring 2020 and was rejected :frowning: I had a pretty crappy high school GPA (2.8, I am not proud), so I like to think that that played a role in my rejection. I am a first-year at my community college and I ended my first term with a 3.6 GPA so I am really hoping that it boosts my chance of getting an acceptance! I am just finishing up the final touches of my essay, so if anyone has any tips or wants to talk hit me up!!

Forgive me for being dumb lol but what is the purpose of the SUNY counselor form?? Is it required or can we just submit our transcript electronically like through parchment?

Hi~ i just got wait listed on my application lol and applied for suny in korea. I guess i have to till June? or maybe applying for other universities!!

For the people who can’t find their fit admissions email, check your spam. I called and they told me that they were having issues where the emails were being sent to spam instead of your main inbox. Hopes this helps!

wait are decisions out already? i thought they come out between april and may?

Essays/transcripts aren’t due till Feb 1st correct? I’m still working on my essay

@fashionluvr6464 The essay and transcript are due by Feb 1. Your school counselor should have sent the transcript over to them when you applied in any case.

@ariellkimm You can check your application status at https://myfit.fitnyc.edu/ using your username and password that were assigned to you after you submitted your application, but from what I saw on their website, results should be out in Apr.
See: http://www.fitnyc.edu/admissions/apply/deadlines.php

@mosnaramme no the school counselor form isn’t required for FIT. You can submit via parchment and other sources. If you search FIT transcripts you should find a link to FIT’s transcripts procedures and polices for applicants

hi! i’m pretty new to college confidential but i found it while reading last year’s FIT applicant forum. i applied for FBM fall 2020 and figured this would be a good place to meet people & ask questions!! my instagram is @fran.catena if anyone wants to talk about FIT or anything else (: good luck to everyone applying!

My cousin who just graduated from FIT said I should expect a decision around january. My application has been submitted since I believe September. Is this information accurate or should I expect to wait longer?

@funvee I’ve never heard of FIT decisions coming out in January

i’m super new to college confidential but i applied to fit for photography!
my instagram is @ariestless if anyone wants to talk about fit or anything! i hope to see you guys next fall!

Everything I’ve ever seen says you won’t hear until late March. It’s frustrating to wait that long, but it is what it is. Good luck!

Your cousin probably transferred into FIT and started there in the spring semester period because Fall semester first time students have always expected to hear from FIT around the same time in last week of March to the first week of April. International students usually receive their packets or letters (based on decision) before those in the US and then admissions releases NY/East coast decisions and then move towards the west coast. All decisions are primarily by mail. Applicants are welcomed to call admissions on April 2nd (April 1st is considered Decision Day) to ask for a pdf version of their decision letter to be emailed but Admissions will only do this if a final decision has been made on your application. Applications are reviewed on a first come first served basis.

Hello, I am an international student applying for FIT, I send my TOEFL scores although the university has not received them yet and I think they will arrive after the deadline (I have already submitted everything) do you guys think this would be a problem? I am scared they will waitlist me because my TOEFL arrived late

Finally submitted everything! Now we wait in agony until March/April. Wishing everyone the best of luck in the admission process !! :slight_smile:

I had everything submitted for my application by October 29 and when I checked the other day my COA changed (I assume it was 0 first and now its like 24k) ! I’m taking this as a good sign but not letting my hopes get too high. I also applied for the Pres. Honors Program. Anyone know if you’ll know if you’re accepted or not into that when you get you acceptance letter?

Haha, I’m not quite sure how I did this but I managed to sleep through the deadline even though I had all of my portfolio on Slideroom and my other materials were submitted. Do you guys think I still have a chance of getting in if I submitted on Feb. 2nd instead of Feb 1st.?

No idea about when the Honors Program acceptances are known but from all the threads I’ve read, the COA changing is a very good sign.