FIT Fall 2021 Admissions

My status literally has nothing in it but everything else is filled :frowning: :frowning_face:

Do you guys think we can call the admissions office and ask when decisions will be out ?

Hi my name is Maëlys and I applied to FIT for FMB, it’s also my dream school. I really hope we all get in! I had the chance to speak with a rep from FIT and decisions come out first week of April!

I wrote to FIT around the beginning of January and they said this, “Your application is complete and ready for review. Fall 2021 applicants that have completed by the February 1st deadline will receive a decision by February 1st.” I was really confused by the email as it does not make too much sense, however, I still haven’t heard from FIT. It could be because maybe the admissions person that sent that to me was mistaken or that there was a massive snowstorm on Sunday night? If it is because of the storm maybe we could hear by the end of this week? I’m trying my best not to think about it, I have no idea how I could wait another two months for my response :confused:

There’s nobody answering calls because they’re all working remotely which is a slight pain… I did lowkey find the email to the head of admissions and I am scared to send something straight to this lady because it’s not really advertised on the website

I think it may have been a mistake because I’ve googled everything and been on the website and I don’t see anywhere where it says Feb 1st. It always says we’ll receive admissions decisions on April 1st :frowning_face:

I think since you live in Switzerland they may email it to you I believe they email everyone since like covid had prevented them from mailing the acceptances to people. I also recommend logging into your fit email because some people from previous years received acceptances on that email and not their personal email.

I would be scared to email too lol but maybe email the overall admissions and not specifically the head of it because they had responded to me when I did even though that was a few months back.

Okayy! Goodluck to you as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Ooof, that sucks – we’re going to have to wait then :confused:

Hi guys! So I’m reading the 2020 fall admissions thread and someone said their COA updated in February and that is a very positive sign that you’ve been accepted so keep checking your portal!

2 Likes

Anyone see a change in their COA yet?

nope :frowning: i’ve been so anxious about FIT lately I wanna get in soo bad but I have so many doubts.

Aww girl, we will all end up where we are supposed to be, but I feel your pain!

2 Likes

Hello, thanks for the info! However, I’m a little lost as to how you check the COA. In my portal it just gives me the option to view my application status. I want to know because like everyone I am also very anxious. Thanks!

To check your COA go to Financial Aid Resources, then in that section there should be a link that says “Go to My Financial Aid Checklist” and once you click on that you’re going to select the year you’d be receiving Financial Aid and once you’re on your checklist go to Award Overview.

Hi guys! I emailed FIT a couple days ago and they just got back to me. We will be receiving our Admissions Decisions around April 1st by email.

1 Like

Hey guys has your COA changed yet? Mine still hasn’t changed, we just gotta be patient :upside_down_face: but like omg I wish we could find out already!!

My COA hasn’t changed yet. I saw on last years thread that about 2 students had their COA change in Feb and the rest got theirs changed the day they got accepted/a day before they got accepted. I wish we could find out sooner :frowning_face:

The link “Go to My Financial Aid Checklist” didn’t work for my daughter yesterday, but it did today. Under the “General Information” tab, the Initial Finacial Aid Review shows “Application pending to be reviewed”. Then when you go to the “Award Overview” tab, it shows a detailed annual cost of attendance. Is this what you guys are seeing too? Hope this is a good sign that she’s accepted.