FIT Fall 2021 Admissions

where do you see the update in the portal if you didnt apply for financial aid? i just want to make sure I am looking at correct spot :slight_smile:

1 Like

D and comm design

1 Like

D and fine arts

If you log into MYFit on the right side there is link for "financial aid checklist’ and then on of the tabs on there is for ‘Award Overview’.

yes I see that, but if we didn’t apply for Financial Aid, there are no awards, so I was wondering what others see who are in same situation.

Is it bad if mine still says my application is still pending to be reviewed next to 3. Initial aid review? or have they just not gotten to me yet

Also has anyone actually gotten a decision yet that can confirm or deny these like portal change things or are we all waiting around for nothing lol

i’m really bummed i was so sure that we would be hearing back today but no one has heard anything

I’m a fashion design major and I just want to rip off the band aid already because I know how competitive it is : (

1 Like

My DS applied for FBM and we cant see the Financial Aid Checklist page at all. He is able to log into MYFIT but when he clicks the financial aid page it logs him out or displays an image that says login.fitnyc.edu refuses to connect. Anyone else have this issue?

Still nothing for my daughter yet either. She applied for the Presidential Scholar program, major in Fashion Design, her last name starts with B, and in MO. When she checked yesterday, the server was down, so we assumed that FIT was updating information. Sure enough, this morning her financial aid checklist now has green checkmarks for the initial review and says “award available pending admission”. Her COA details have remained the same with all the detailed info just as she had from early Feb. Does anyone know how many students are accepted into Fashion Design every year? I know some majors are more competitive than others, but I don’t think we ever came across any info on FD freshman numbers. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah same thing for me. I do know that fashion design are apart of one of the majors that are competitive at FIT. For everybody that looking for an update make sure you all don’t keep worrying ok. I know it’s hard not to but I promise where we are meant to be, we will get there! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I haven’t been able to find a breakdown of majors by grade either. But since most FD majors on the east coast apply, I assume it’s fairly selective.

So sorry.

So I’m in the same boat as your daughter. PS candidate, same stage with financial aide check list, but I’m in NY and a Fine Arts major which I honestly don’t think is as competitive as your daughters major at FIT.

Hi-I am not clear on your comment. since we didn’t apply for Financial Aid, what should we be looking for on the portal? Maybe I am missing something? I appreciate your help

The waiting is the hardest part.

1 Like

Here is hoping we all get in!

1 Like

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. The only thing updated for me is the checklist for finances. I didn’t get any financial aid but didn’t expect any either. Hope that helps.

1 Like

SHE GOT IN!!! She just opened her acceptance email! She has been accepted into the Fashion Design program and the Presidential Scholars program! Good luck to everyone!!

12 Likes