Floor plans (of dorm buildings)

<p>I have been looking for floor plans of the dorm hall buildings so I can see where exactly is the laundry room and other areas relative to every room. Where can I find these floor plans? </p>

<p>PS the floor plans given on UA’s site is only the floor plan of the dorm room; I need the floor plan of the <em>entire</em> building or something similar</p>

<p>The school only provides a floor-plan for an actual dorm bedroom. It used to provide bldg floor-plans, but with security concerns, risk management demanded that they remove those.</p>

<p>Okay thank you. It makes sense to me now why I couldnt just google it. </p>

<p>Hmm… is it possible to get a glimpse of a bldg? I just would like to see how to do basic housekeeping (dormkeeping, lol) stuff like laundry and dining. Trying to prepare, first time in dorm, no relatives/no friends who have experience</p>

<p>If I’m not mistaken, there were some plans similar to what you were looking for in the freshman housing guide provided before the housing sign-up period. I know I printed floor by floor pages for several of the Ridgecrest dorms to reference during my son’s signup time – I still have a copy of the 4th floor of Ridgecrest East since that’s where he ended up. I did a search of the housing website, though, and like you said only saw room plans. We tried asking politely to see the inside of RCE while we were at Bama Bound, and were just as politely told no. </p>

<p>honors2regular: The building floor plans were available during housing sign-up, within the online housing application. At this time, that section of the application is closed as you probably know. I looked at several floor plans but only printed the one where my son selected a room. Which dorm are you looking for info on? I believe I have both Burke East and Burke West. We were doing the same thing…looking at where laundry room was, kitchens, study rooms, staircases, etc…</p>

<p>Once in your residence hall it takes only a couple minutes to find the laundry room, kitchen, trash and recycling areas, study rooms, elevators, and stairwells. I do recommend walking the length of each floor in your building to see what amenities are on each floor. For example, sometimes the one of the laundry rooms (in residence halls with more than one) will be less busy than the other(s). </p>

<p>I am not looking for Burke East and Burke West… I am looking for Bryant. I do remember housing opening up that section during the application but I was still unsure which hall I wanted and if I was going to be honors or not. Also, I, my mistake, believed that they would leave the floor plans up (I thought they werent going to “close” anything)</p>

<p>I was also surprised that we could not get back in to at least see the floor plan details of the dorm that our students are assigned to! Sorry, honors2regular, I did not keep a copy of the plan for Bryant, but another parent might have it… Did you trying emailing UA Housing? They are typically very responsive.</p>

<p>If you log back into your housing application, you should be able to see the Residence Hall Info page. </p>

<p>Hope this helps,
Janine</p>

<p>Thanks, Janine! honors2regular: Now I see how to do it… Once fully logged into the application, after you’ve done Term Selector and “Save & Continue”, click into “Application and Assignment Status” in the upper right corner of the white space. From there you can proceed to #11 Residence Hall Information. And you will see the floor plans…</p>

<p>Awesome! Thanks Janine! </p>

<p>Will these be open to view indefinitely or will they be “closed” again in the future?</p>

<p>Is the Residence Hall info for new freshman only? We looked at my son’s last night and that option was closed. He is a returning sophomore.</p>

<p>twomutts: Not sure, but did you try this?..Once fully logged into the housing application, after you’ve done Term Selector and “Save & Continue”, click into “Application and Assignment Status” in the upper right corner of the white space. From there, you can proceed to #11 Residence Hall Information. And you will (might?) see the floor plans… </p>

<p>I just looked and I can see the floor plans for my rising freshman but not for my rising senior.</p>

<p>Yep tried that…also for non-freshman Residence hall Information is #9</p>

<p>Just email us at <a href=“mailto:housing@sa.ua.edu”>housing@sa.ua.edu</a> and we can try to help you with the specific building you’re curious about.</p>

<p>Thanks,
Janine</p>