For those who attended SOAR...

<p>For those who have attended SOAR, could you please tell me your experience? For example, what kind of activities did you do? What should I be aware of that kind of thing. Just to be more prepared. Thank you</p>

<p>Advising was horrible, in my case that is. Others had an awesome experience so I would suggest to do your research on classes you’d like to take before scheduling.</p>

<p>My son reports that staying in Liz Waters was great, met new people and walked around State St at night together. Needed socks to go bowling on the first evening. </p>

<p>Advising was in a group, he said it was not especially useful for him because he already knew what FIG he wanted so it was just that plus sorting out his language. He got his id and opened up account at UW credit union. Now he just has the gaping summer in front of him until he can get back to Madison. </p>

<p>My sense is that the more research and preparation you can do in terms of your classes and interests, the better. I am a super-controlling, involved parent, so had talked about FIGs etc. with my son and he already knew what he wanted. My husband reported that, in the parent group, when the presentations discussed that participation in a FIG was the single biggest predictor for higher GPAs, that parents’ hands shot up wanting to learn about FIGs as they had no idea what that was. </p>

<p>Good luck, and have fun.</p>

<p>Thank you maggiemae1 and Midwestmomofboys! You are awesome!</p>