Freshman dropout rate

<p>Does anyone know why there is only a 75% returning freshman rate? I find that a bit unsettling as I have an incoming freshman this fall.</p>

<p>probably because people cant balance social life with academics</p>

<p>its a combination of a large amount of transfers and a fair amount of kids that are not cut out for college. I go down my hall and I see (out of 37 kids) 4 that will most likely drop out because they are not ready for college and do not know how to balance their time and 5 that either will, have or may transfer. the classes are honestly not that difficult, there are just some kids that cant handle independence and would fail out of any school they are at, they just happen to be here. The people that are transferring are doing that because either they want to be closer to home or they have found their calling and are going to the school that is best suited for that calling (one is also going to a small d1 to play basketball).</p>

<p>"Percent of students who return for sophomore year: 80%"</p>

<p>According to collegeboard.com</p>

<p>ASU's is 78%</p>

<p>These are both right around the average for state schools, I think. I know a few kids who are transferring out because the weird major they want to be happens to not be offered here. Their fault for not looking into that before coming here lol... Then there are the kids who fail out.</p>

<p>To be blunt, UA isn't hard to get into so a lot of idiots go there (and dropout). I know one kid (OOS) who applied there and would be way better off going to UNLV.</p>