Freshman VTer's classes are posted

<p>Happy 4th of July everyone,
Son was poking around on Hokie SPA and discovered his classes have already been assigned for the Fall. Even lists exam times (tentative) for Dec. He was able to make one change in class and still needs to add another elective.
For anyone needing flights-booked flights for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Prices increased during my search of best prices (took me several hours and everytime I checked back-price had increased). I guess someone must be lurking to see what destinations are being investigated.
Not sure if you guys already found out about classes, but wanted to give you a heads up. Septembermom</p>

<p>Wow that's great to know about the classes. A girl who is going to the business school has all her classes as well, but my s doesn't have anything, except for the english class. Maybe that's because he's in engineering? We go to orientation in another week or so, guess it will all be done then.</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up!</p>

<p>I'd just like to reiterate something I've mentioned in other threads before: I go to Virginia Tech (sophomore in Materials Science Engineering next year) and the people that you or your children will talk to at orientation know NOTHING about scheduling. The same goes for the advisors. They do not know the required classes, they give bad advice, just take everything they say with three metric tons of salt. </p>

<p>I was told by both the guy "helping" me schedule AND my advisor that I didn't have to take any english classes because of my test scores. Then I was told over this summer that I couldn't transfer into my specific college (all freshman engineers are in general engineering, then they transfer over to their concentration) because I had not taken the required english classes. Luckily I raised enough cain up the chain of command, all the way to the head of the College of Engineering, and they let me in. Anyway, moral of story, look up on the VT website what the requirements are, don't trust the advisors for anything.</p>

<p>/end rant.</p>

<p>Great school though, love it there. :)</p>

<p>Thanks Chuy,
Son has the blue sheet of required classes that he got from business school and we have told him to make sure he stays on track when scheduling. He has already been scheduled for all but one class, so will do this next week.</p>

<p>Thanks Chuy, point taken. We will look up what is required and use that as the starting point.</p>