Freshman Year Starting Up for First Son

<p>Well, my oldest son is off to College Station tomorrow, flying from Arizona. Fish Camp is Tuesday through Friday. He moves into his dorm (Lechner) on Friday night. Saturday, he has language placement tests. Sunday, the rest of the family flies in for a couple of days and his roommate moves in from Dallas. His new student conference is on Monday and Tuesday. Then, he gets to have fun until classes start on Monday.</p>

<p>It should be great fun, but the house will be a lot emptier (two brothers left) and we will certainly worry about him. But we are sure pleased that he is going to A&M. It's a much better environment than most large state universities and the opportunities will be incredible.</p>

<p>We feel your pain. Our one and only child (son) is moving to Lechner on Sunday. We attended the first NSC in May and he is all ready to go. We are excited for him, but also a sad. We’ve heard a ton a good things about Lechner and that it really is like a family.</p>

<p>@whciv01. Thanks! I just got back from Sky Harbor Airport, so he’s on his way.</p>

<p>Lechner is a great place. I have a couple friends who lived there freshman year and spoke very highly of it. In fact, one of my friends met his wife there. It’s right next to Sbisa, The Underground and Einsteins Bagels for food. Really great place to live.</p>