FSU Class of 2027 Official Thread

And, the irony or gall of FSU to send out lengthy emails about carefully managing the stress of our students. I’m frankly feeling relieved to move on to other options, regardless of the outcome today. Not impressed.

I didn’t get the email that people are talking about for parents to help their child navigate the next few weeks. I don’t know if that’s a good sign or a bad one but overall we haven’t heard much from FSU since she applied and I am a two time alum and former employee. So disappointing that they have grown so much that they don’t really seem to care how this whole process affects people.

4 Likes

The stats here are going to be higher than who gets accepted for Summer Term.

The difficulty of getting into Florida schools as in state in the last 6 years is insane. What would have been a slam dunk with my first kid is now borderline making the stats…

So if we didn’t get an email we’re packed

Yup. I’m good with wherever my student decides to go, but what they put him (and so many others) through today is terrible. Lying about it inexcusable. Trying to explain it away is a peak under the tent of the values and ethics (or lack thereof) your student will be subjected to at FSU. Couldn’t be more disappointed.

4 Likes

Spot on. UF says it was just a “bizarre coincidence” that this happened at both UF and FSU at the same time and “looks like it’s unrelated.” However, they don’t actually say what happened. It’s truly pathetic. Does anyone actually believe this?

1 Like

No. Nor should anyone believe it.

Anyone know what the OOS acceptance rate is around?

Not sure abt OOS but someone said RD acceptance rate was 32% and 23% of acceptances were non-Florida residents

If you didn’t get an email today and get accepted this afternoon please keep us posted because maybe it was all a strange glitch after all.

1 Like

The OVERALL acceptance rate was 23.9%.

17k accepted /71K applied.

3 Likes

Not exactly because many of those applications were late or incomplete and have not been reviewed yet.

The stats came out today. This is the end of the line for applications today. Theres no way it gets much higher.

I was wrong about the end of the line for decisions.

Decision are posted

1 Like

Accepted
NO EMAIL

3 Likes

Did not get the email yesterday and DD WAS ACCEPTED!!!

2 Likes

Last year they only released 45,000 decision on decision day. Out of over 70,000 applications. The rest came in past the priority deadline or were incomplete and would only be considered on a rolling basis. This is straight from FSU admissions. You can’t really base your acceptance rate on apps that haven’t been reviewed yet.

no early email, OOS, ACCEPTED!!! 3.89 W GPA 34 ACT

4 Likes

Rejected

Accepted OOS
received the email.

1 Like