FSU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Any updates on rolling admission decisions? Wondering if any offers have come out yet for those who applied by March 1st deadline.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

That’s awesome, congrats! My daughter also got selected into the program for class of 2027. She’s going to a couple admitted student programs over the next several weeks before she decides/commits. But an amazing accomplishment!

3 Likes

D was deferred on February 15 and was accepted last week for the Seminole pathway. We only had until last night to decide, and we declined. I would think there may be another batch of decisions following yesterday’s deadline.

We had considered the First Year Abroad program because we are OOS and it sounded great, but in the end, FSU wasn’t a good fit because while D loved the campus when we toured last year, she didn’t get into the film school and too much has been going on politically in the state since she applied in the fall that we aren’t comfortable with.

4 Likes

My daughter was accepted with a tuition waiver for oos. Her decision came today. Now to try and squeeze in a visit!

4 Likes

Is there a Facebook page for incoming fall 2023 honors students looking for roommates? Thanks!

Hi Liz1986. My daughter is still deferred. She was waitlisted at the Film School and deferred from FSU as her deferral letter still says " awaiting motion picture arts interview." Did the same thing happen to you? I am just hoping for a definite answer soon!

No, in January she was notified that she was not chosen for an interview for the Film School, and she could choose another major. She chose Digital Media Production in the Communications School, but it never really was a good fit because she wants to do Hollywood type films, not sports broadcasting or documentaries. I believe all film school applicants would have been notified in January if they were selected for an interview.

Oh ok. Thanks for the info. I guess it is a different situation. We were very surprised and thrilled when my daughter was given an interview. She thought it went well, but she is waitlisted from the Motion Picture School. Her application status for FSU still says deferred. She is set for UTampa instead. What did your daughter decide?

She has not decided yet between Emerson, Chapman, Ithaca and UNCSA. Waiting for financial aid appeal decisions from Emerson and Chapman because they are above our budget and my D and husband are currently flying down to visit UNCSA tomorrow. Hope to have her decision made by Friday because it’s her school’s Commitment Day since AP exams are on Monday.