FYI: AP scores are out

<p>Got my son’s by phone this morning. He did well. Sophomore status, here we come!</p>

<p>Does anyone know when they usually show up on degree works?</p>

<p>Very soon…the scores have been electronically sent to schools, now each school has to upload into their system. It’s kind of like sending an email…it may be in your inbox, but you haven’t opened it.</p>

<p>You said it slippy - we are still dazed with delight that DS went from 32 to 46 credits with only two AP tests this year - Alabama’s credit policy rocks! I am planning to e-mail his HS guidance counselor in case she doesn’t know how generous UA is regarding AP’s. I checked out the colleges of his friends just for comparison - not even close. Thank you UA!</p>

<p>Question about US History AP … it counts for HY203 and 204…is that the sequence that they talked about at Bama Bound?</p>

<p>Nrdmom I am with you…D is coming in w/ 33 credits. We had no idea! We did a combination of CLEP and AP … special thanks to everyone on this board.never would have known to do the CLEP test in language to get more credit. Thank you UA!</p>

<p>^^ HY 203/204 satisfies the Literature/History sequence requirement. Congrats to your D!!</p>

<p>^^^Wow Thanks Beth’s mom…that is amazing. D is doing happy dance. lol</p>

<p>We are excited in Texas! Can’t wait to see it all show up in Degree Works!</p>

<p>DD got a 4 on AP Spanish (thinks the heavy accents and rapid delivery of the spoken section were her “downfall”). Would it be worth her taking the CLEP to potentially improve her 'BAMA credits?</p>

<p>SHe wants to continue to study spanish at UA, as she doesn’t want to lose her skills…she was thinking that earning too many credits might throw her in too high a level class at UA…and she will have had a year away from the language while she’s a HS senior. SO her concern is not pushing herself too far above her head…also, I think she’s more than a little burned out with tests just now. ;-)</p>

<p>Any thoughts?</p>

<p>If she’s going to take the CLEP, she should probably take it now, while the Spanish is fresh in her mind. She can potentially get 14 credits with CLEP vs. 7 from the AP test. I would probably have her take the CLEP, and then next year have her take the UA placement test. That should give her some indication of how much she’s retained after being away from the language for a year. If she places into 202+, she can decide at the time whether to take it. She can always start below where she places and she doesn’t have to use all of her CLEP or AP credit. Taking the CLEP now potentially gives her more options.</p>

<p>That was a very complete and well-reasoned response, Beth’sMom, thank you.</p>

<p>I am going to present it to DD with my endorsement, and let her decide…She has 3 required-reading books to “do” this summer, along with getting her driver’s license, but maybe she’ll see her way clear to a CLEP! It sure would give her options!!! Thank you.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the student AP number remains the same from test year to test year?</p>

<p>^no
10charr</p>

<p>Thanks…that’s what I was afraid of…</p>

<p>Seekingknowledge, I believe you can call AP directly (not the scores-by-phone) to get the AP student number.</p>

<p>Tx…</p>

<p>I don’t think AP or CLEP credits can forcefully push a student into a harder class. I think students are allowed to retake classes even if they have AP or CLEP credits. I know that kids can do that for Calc, Bio, Chem, etc…and I’m nearly certain they can do that for FL as well…after all, credits could be from awhile ago and the person needs refreshing.</p>

<p>Seekingknowledge…do AP tests also ask for SSN? If so, you might be able to get scores that way.</p>

<p>My D is signed up for a French class that the CLEP gave her credit for. She did receive an email from an advisor asking if that was what she intended. As a side note, I think the only reason the advisor was looking at D’s info is because D emailed her about getting a second major and a minor added to Degree Works.</p>

<p>@seekingknowledge</p>

<p>You can call 1-888-225-5427 to get your AP student number.</p>

<p>Thanks all! I hate when my DS listens to me and cleans up his room!</p>