G requirement in "A-G"?

<p>I know that it’s an elective, but you can’t use your freshman or senior classes? How does that work? Here’s my course list:</p>

<p>Sophomore year:
Algebra 2
Biology
English 2
Spanish 2
World History
PE 2</p>

<p>Junior Year:
Art
Chemistry
AP Literature
Math Analysis
Spanish 3
US History
Leadership (only for second semester because I was elected as an ASB officer for the 2010 calendar year)</p>

<p>So after allotting my two math classes, two lab sciences, two English classes, two Spanish classes, two history classes, and my one visual art, I’m left with PE and Leadership; neither of which count. Does this mean I’m automatically disqualified? What am I missing here; this can’t be right.</p>

<p>you CAN use your freshman and senior classes to fill your a-g requirement. GPA is the one which only 10th and 11th grade count.</p>

<p>Okay that’s what I thought, but the GPA is only calculated with a-g requirement courses right? So I just don’t use my PE or Leadership grades?</p>

<p>Yes GPA is calculated with only a-g courses. You should check the UC website to see if your course counts. site: [University</a> of California Doorways Home](<a href=“http://www.ucop.edu/doorways/]University”>http://www.ucop.edu/doorways/)</p>

<p>Yep, I find it pretty confusing too. What the UCs are asking for are basically 2 columns of requirements that overlap which is what is confusing</p>

<ol>
<li> Fullfilling 11 of the 15 A-G requirements by the end of 11 th grade including 10th and 9th.</li>
<li> GPA based on only 10th and 11th classes that are A-G only</li>
</ol>

<p>What that means is, anything you are “missing” you can do as a senior provided you have met 11 of the 15 A-G’s by the end of Jr. year that you took in 10th and those included from 9 th grade . </p>

<p>So in your case, you must have taken Spanish 1 in 9th, add that to Spanish 2 in 10th you have met the A-G requirement for language and your Span 3 could fill the slot of the “G” college prep since it above what is required. You just don’t use your grade from Span 1 in your GPA calculation. </p>

<p>Plus anything you take in senior year is noted if it mets an A-G requirement, you just don’t have a grade. What is important is that you must meet the 11 out of 15 by end of Jr year. Anything you are missing you must take as a senior. </p>

<p>Believe me, I have spent hours trying to break this down.</p>

<p>IF you do not have the A-G requirements, look into Entrance by Exam. My son got into UCLA, UCB and UCSD, though, technically, he had none of the A-G, but in practice, was really only missing G. He homeschooled, and none of his classes were accredited.</p>