oscar.gatech.edu

Click secure access login

Student Services & Financial Aid

Financial Aid

And i think those who were accepted had a Pay Now button there

Secure access login gets me a 404 error on Oscar

Rick Clark read the CC posts last year and fixed the hack. LOL

2 Likes

I no longer get the 404 error. No pay now button. I am able to select Fall 2021 as the term but that may have always been the case.

No pay now button here.

Per Rick Clark on Twitter, 6200 admission decisions go out today at 5pm to Georgia residents! Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Based on the numbers, if the overall applicants went up by 25% and the In-state applicants went up by 18% only, then OOS went up buy a higher percentage.

Yes, good luck to everyone! My D is hoping for another in state Hope/Zell option (in addition to UGA). Her top choice schools are OOS but she’ll need merit for us to justify that expense since she has her sights on med school. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

So…still no Pay Now button for anyone here?

6200 admissions. Do we know how many IS applications?

Admission decisions not admissions. Tried to edit my post above but too late! Not all got in.

Is there a time limit on edits now?

Today is decision day for instate students. OOS is in January.

There was from my phone or I didn’t know how to do it - no edit button. Now back on a desktop so I edited.

I think it depends on whether they are classifying deferrals as admissions decisions (which I would think they are with that large number but just a guess). All Georgia EA applicants with complete applications will hear something today - admit, defer or deny. I am sure they will announce details but sounds to me like 6200 EA applications for Georgia residents (which would make sense because I think the total is usually around 10k including RD). So given the 27000 number of total early applications sounds like there were around 21000 EA applications from out of state.

Thank you for the follow-up. The edit ability is one of the new features I really appreciate so I was going to be super bummed if that went away.

Wow. So the OOS applications are more than 3x as many as IS? Is that pretty typical for GT?

Good luck to everyone awaiting a decision today!

I think they always have over 20k EA applicants, so it does sound like OOS are always a huge number. I had wondered that too in regards to your question and just found this from Jan 2019. And if 6200 is for this year is an 18% increase in IS applications then they generally have a large portion of OOS. But clearly this year compared to 2 years ago even numbers are way up since EA this year are around 27000!!

“As was the case in 2018, a record number of students applied for admission this year. Georgia Tech saw a 12 percent increase in Early Action applications for a total of 20,289.”

Has GA Tech always not required the Common App essay? We thought it was so strange that they only had their own two short essays so if this is a new thing maybe that is one reason for increased applications and of course optional test scores is another. The other thing I’ve noticed is schools that are need blind for internationals seem to be way up for applications. I don’t know if GT is one of those or not.

Yes. That is the normal ratio. It is the #4 engineering school in the country overall and top 1 or 2 in many specific engineering disciplines. It is #5 in the country in computer science. Also, with restrictive early action policies of Harvard, Stanford, etc. you cannot apply to any other private school for early action if you apply to a school with this policy. Many students that apply to one of these schools early action will apply also to public Ivys like Ga Tech, Michigan, UNC, UVA, etc.