Garcia Summer Program 2022

Thanks. So nobody got rejection so far either? I have gotten nothing

No, nobody got rejected. But if you didn’t get an email you are probably rejected. I did not get anything. Someone please send a screenshot

same here, I have gotten nothing. should we email them for status update?

they did say “start to hand out” decisions this weekend. it’s possible they’re sending out acceptances in waves, but that’s copium lol

Has anyone called to confirm that some acceptances have been released?

some ppl on this thread said they got accepted, i’d take their word for it. i emailed to see if they’ve sent out all acceptances

the subject name is “Garcia Summer Program Congratulations”. at the end, the email says, “In consideration of the numerous students on our wait list, we kindly request that you notify us of your decision before May 10, 2022.” spots will be opening up for sure (at least mine is), so best of luck to everyone!! <3

1 Like

aw congrats! thanks for letting us know :slight_smile: was it an email bcc’d to everyone or was it addressed to you individually?

ofc, i really hope you get in!!! it definitely wasn’t addressed to anyone specifically - the opening lines were
“Dear Garcia Applicant,
On behalf of the Garcia Research Program, we would like to congratulate you on your acceptance into our program for the 2022-23 season.”

2 Likes

Congrats! My D got accepted, too.
Do you know how much it’s going to cost this year? They mentioned the lab fee, but not the amount covering housing and meal.

1 Like

@lsyangela @BGSM1 @chocolatem1lk @MacaroniPenguin2023

Do you mind to share which city/state are you from? Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Has anyone from NY state receive anything today?

1 Like

Just got word from a teacher who is friends with Dr. Rafailvich. They said most acceptances were not sent out yet and they are still working to get them out. Basically the same thing that was said in the email they sent last week.

6 Likes

Congrats! Are you attending another program??

ay what did i sayyyyy tysm for telling us

1 Like

My kid just received his acceptance letter at 4:30pm cst. So they are releasing the acceptance in waves. Good luck!

2 Likes

yes, i am :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which program are you planning to go?

I also got accepted to BU RISE, I am waitlisted for SSP and now waiting for Garcia/Clarks.

For BU RISE did you get matched already

i got in!