Gays and Lesbians

<p>Are they accepted at U of Miami? I've heard conflicting things..</p>

<p>One of my best friends is currently attending the school. They apparently are very accepting and have a rather diverse population of LGBT students. I think it would be a good school for you to look into if you are very interested in it.</p>

<p>I’m gay myself, and I can assure you that at UM everyone is very accepting of the LGBT community. We have many organizations for homosexual students to meet each other and discuss… well, I don’t know, because I’m not a part of them, but I have an, ironically, straight friend who is. The three main orgs that come to mind are Students for Equality, Spectrum, and and Gay Fraternity on campus (not sure what they’re called).</p>

<p>Students for Equality (S4E) is designed for everyone, and is basically an organization dedicated to promoting gay rights. Spectrum seems to be more of an organization for gay students to join, but heterosexual individuals are also welcome. Its purpose seems mainly to be to help out students who are not entirely comfortable with their sexuality to understand it a bit more and help them to know that there are other students who are in their situation.</p>

<p>Overall, though, even without being a part of these orgs, my experience at UM has been that everyone is very open and accepting of just about every idea, even those that are different than their own personal ones. You shouldn’t have any problems with those kind of issues here.</p>

<p>If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask.</p>

<p>Also, I just noticed, but this is from back in 2005…</p>