Geneseo or Binghamton- Pre-Law

<p>Ok, so I was rejected from Binghamton University last year as an incoming freshman, but I got a guaranteed spring admit to Geneseo.</p>

<p>However, for some reason, even though I love both schools, I feel that Binghamton is just "for me." I am looking to do pre law. I am trying to see if it is even worth it to reapply to Binghamton for Fall 2011 (I am at a community college for first semester and will be going to Geneseo in the spring). Is Binghamton better for pre law or is Geneseo? What are the law school admittance rates for both schools?</p>

<p>I have a fear that if I get in, and go to Binghamton in Fall 2011, that when I apply to law school, going to 3 schools in 1 year (Community College ->Geneseo -> Binghamton) would look negatively upon my application. What are the thoughts on this? Any advice or help for this situation would be greatly appreciated as I'm going crazy right now over this decision.</p>

<p>There is no such thing as pre-law. Law schools could care less what you major in. Get good grades and high LSAT’s (along with some outside interests) and you will be fine.</p>

<p>Yeah, by the time you finish at Binghampton, the only thing that will matter is your grades and your LSAT’s. Freshman year will be long in the rear-view mirror.</p>

<p>If you are going to be a lawyer, you should know the high paying law firms recruit from only the top 30 law schools. Please be aware that to get into a top law school-- the SUNY universities have little representation. The U.S. News and World Report rates SUNY Binghamton as number 86 in the nation; this is supposedly the best SUNY school. Depending on your financial situation, I would suggest attending an undergraduate school that is at least ranked in a top 50 for undergraduate programs. Check out the UCs. Five out of the seven are ranked ahead of Binghamton.</p>

<p>krazydawgndave, that is incorrect, top law schools take many students from colleges that are not highly elite. If they can get a great score on the LSAT and show overall promise, they can get into law school at Harvard, Columbia, Yale etc.</p>

<p>The following is taken from the Harvard Law School site for prospective students and is a list of the 261 undergraduate institutions represented by all students enrolled in the JD program at HLS for the 2010-2011 school year. Bottom line…worry about GPA, LSAT and recommendations. Go to the school that fits you best, and where you can excel.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.law.harvard.edu/prospective/jd/apply/undergrads.html[/url]”>http://www.law.harvard.edu/prospective/jd/apply/undergrads.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I know two people who have gone to Yale and Harvard law schools from SUNYs. Get a good GPA,high LSAT and you won’t have any problem.</p>

<p>

It’s true that the prestige of your law school matters for job recruitment, but law school admissions is a whole different scenario.</p>