Geneseo vs. Trinity vs. Union Biology major possible pre Med

<p>I posted this in a general forum a couple of weeks ago with no response. I'm hoping someone in this forum will comment. We're getting down to the wire. My son was not able to participate in the overnight program @ Geneseo. He became ill the morning of the first day and had to cancel. They were booked for the remainder of the overnight stays. He's been to Trinity and Union and this week we visited BU again for a Biology info tour and an Honors Program session. I've been pretty scared off by the posts suggesting it's really difficult to achieve and maintain a 3.4 > for med school. He would be an OOS student and some posts suggest it's hard to be an OOS because many students know others from their high school and tend to keep those friendships. The cost for him to attend Geneseo is roughly the same as Union (scholarship $$), but it would be more $ to attend Trinity (less scholarship $). Any thoughts?</p>

<p>The pre med program at any tier one college is competitive. You are up against stiff competition because the students are just of a higher caliber. With that comes more competition which is inevitable in a school like Geneseo. Everyone can't get an A! If ur son works hard, I mean hard!, he can pull those type of grades. But he would need to study atleast 5 hours a day which is what most of my friends did at Geneseo who went on to med school. </p>

<p>Re: the highschool post - I was from Long Island and knew nobody when I went to Geneseo. I did not find that to be the case at all. You find that more in commuter schools where you have alot of students from the immediate area attending. I did not find that at Geneseo. </p>

<p>It was easy to make friends and I have said this before it was the best decision I ever made. I went to a great school, with bright students, great professors and I actually had a nice time there. </p>

<p>Re: OOS - Geneseo is becoming more recognized as a great value and school. More OOS students are applying to Geneseo. I don't think this will be an issue plus NY is very different downstate (LI) is very different from lets say Utica (Upstate). There is an adjustment for most people regardless of what state they come from. </p>

<p>Union and Trinity are both good schools but as a Alumni of Geneseo I would go for Geneseo!</p>