George Washington University Class of 2025 (ED1/2/RD)

I’m also going into GW as a philosophy major! I’m just a student but I think you have a high chance due to your GPA and ACT exceeding their average. Good luck!

I think she has a good chance

is poli sci the most popular major at gwu bc it seems like it from these replies LOL

1 Like

I think so lol I applied for a major in sociology!

omg chai heart and chai tea lovr… are we besties now

1 Like

I applied for Journalism

Anyone apply for English Lit?

If she is truly serious about neuroscience then hands down she should go to UCSD. I live in San Diego near UCSD and am amazed by all the cutting edge stuff UCSD is involved with across many fields. Additionally it is a beautiful campus IMO. It took me months to get over my son turning down his acceptance 4 years ago because he wanted to go away for college. My daughter who is a high school senior didn’t even bother applying there because she also wants to go away. She’s waiting to hear from 7 schools including GW but luckily has already been accepted to UCLA, UC Santa Barbara, Syracuse and Chapman. One thing I will mention is I’ve heard that UCSD is very intense academically and somewhat competitive (this comes from current students that I know).

Would you be able to tell me how is UCSD with international affairs? I was accepted there OOS and currently waiting on GWU and BU.

I will be visiting UCSD this week but there’s still no in person tours going on or anything

Congrats those are amazing schools too!! UCLA was actually my dream school growing up. I get them wanting to go away tho, most of the talented bright youth in our state want to leave, but usually its permanent. D has applied to schools all in larger cities as she loves having new things to do & see and learn.
WV is a beautiful place but theres a lot wrong with it, especially w/education & employment. So far Ohio State & Syracuse has offered her the best aid. Ohio State is a great premed too. UCSD is her top choice so far tho, as she is head over heels with their neuroscience program. I dont worry about academic rigor too bad & she loves to compete in just about everything she does tho she can be a bit too nice at times. Shes always been very brave and adventurous. There is a paths scholarship/grant she just applied for that if she would get, would put it in our range so fingers crossed.
She really liked GWs program as well as their women in leadership program & their study abroad programs go to just about every country (got cuse’s dicovery florence if she goes there). She figured having international connections in stem could open a lot of doors.

Anything?

nope

Idk if this helps but UCSD is def more of a stem school so I’m not sure how strong their international affairs major is.

1 Like

um yes I think that means were besties

1 Like

does anyone know if the portal changes before decisions are released/ if the portal goes down?

3 Likes

No it does not. You will receive an email then you will see your decision

UCSD has an incredible IR program

I received the email (around 30 minutes later) after I saw my decision–only because I had my portal and the CC thread open.

When does GW RD come out, this week ?

We have no idea

1 Like