George Washington University Class of 2025 (ED1/2/RD)

I got a decision last night out of the blue from the University of Rochester (I was expecting it around April 1), so I wouldn’t be surprised if we get our decisions any time now! Some schools send out an email a few days in advance, but idk if GW does that. There might be no warning…

3 Likes

I am trying to choose between American or UVM (just haven’t gotten back GWU yet as we know) does anyone have an insight I’m really stuck. I applied Poli Sci but might switch to Sociology and I love both

I think while UVM is really nice, if you’re looking to further your interests in sociology or poli-sci, being at American and in DC, opens up many possibilities for internships and other work-related experiences that you might not find at UVM. Also, American has a distinguished international/foreign affairs department, as well as being well versed in the political and sociological field. I might be a little biased, as I got into American as well, but I genuinely think that if you want to pursue either Poli-Sci or sociology, American is definitely the better choice.

5 Likes

I’m still waiting on a few schools (including GW) but American is one of my top choices.

1 Like

do you guys think they are releasing today since they always release on a Wednesday at 5 pm

Thx u sm : )

1 Like

I thought they release on Fridays? or am I wrong.

Regular decision is usually released on Fridays. However, this year may be different and decisions may be released today. No guarantee tho.

3 Likes

I think ED decisions were released on Wednesday this year (and in previous years). However, RD is usually released on Fridays, you are right.

1 Like

That’s what I assumed. I just feel like a lot of schools are kinda wack with their decision release dates. I’m assuming it will be this Friday (most likely)

5 Likes

PLEASE check the UVM thread about changes at the university. To me, those changes are an important consideration. Or course, cost is an important consideration too.

If you can’t find it, I can. Just can’t do it right now.

1 Like

Thank you sm!

If it isn’t about the money I would choose American. I was accepted into the business program at both schools, and American is definitely stronger when it comes to location/ connections, especially due to the fact that you want to study poli sci. Recently I decided against UVM because I didn’t think it was the best place to go for me personally, in terms of money, why spend oos tuition to an average state school, when I can pay in-state tuition at a better school where I live.

UVM is also a more STEM-based school, so in terms of poli sci, I would choose against it.

1 Like

Thx u : ))). I used to live in DC too, and I love it sm.

I know you are all waiting to hear from GW, but it sounds like its not a “first choice”. Is GW a first choice for anyone waiting?

1 Like

For me, I feel like I would chose American over GW but I’m interested what other people think

4 Likes

Q: How do you know you’re taking too long to release RD Decisions?

A: When students come to your own CC thread to post questions about the other schools they plan to choose - like you don’t even exist! :wink:

C’mon GW…

8 Likes

I toured GW in-person my Junior year and fell in love with it. I don’t have any first choice schools, as I am deciding between Syracuse, GW, and NYU (when and if I am accepted). GW has an amazing campus and I love that it flows as part of the city, and opens doors to internship opportunities, as well as career experience. GW is definitely a top choice for me.

completely agree with you on the ‘campus’ - visited a couple years ago and really liked it

1 Like

Haha yes. On the tour, they didn’t refer to it as a campus, but as an integral part of the city (as it has no technical campus bounds). One of the many things I like about GW and also NYU, as both colleges share a similar “campus” style.

1 Like