George Washington University Class of 2025 (ED1/2/RD)

Not for me or one of my friends.

I think a lot of folks have been accepted to other schools we like and just kind of forgot about GW. That’s how it was for us.

The thread is "Deep Cuts at UVm. I started it, so I clearly have concerns.

I’m an older person who worked for many years at a university To my eyes, the whole thing was handled badly–I can even say stupidly. I think the latest event is a vote of no confidence in the UVm president.

UVm is much less expensive than GW, however. I worry about college students selling their future selves into constrained futures. Your futures selves may resent the decision.

1 Like

Not really. GW is my safety/low target school (Tho I know that this year it will be harder to get into). I applied as Bioengineering major. I was already accepted by Northeastern EA with scholarship into Bioengineering and Biochemistry combined major, into UCSD as Human Biology major and into UC Davis as biomedical engineering major. Currently UCSD is my top school, and I probably will choose UCSD over GW. I am waiting 7 more decisions currently.

1 Like

What schools are you waiting for

BU, Cornell, UMich, USC, Northwestern, Berkeley and GW

1 Like

are you particularly confident in any of them (just curious)?

1 Like

I am international, so no…
Tho I was waitlisted by UCLA, and I feel it is a good sign that I am at least competitive enough to not be rejected :wink:

1 Like

I like them both so I’d probably go to the one that gave honors or merit money. Right now I have that from American so I’m hoping GW will match

1 Like

Exactly! D22 is considering schools in DC and the lack of communication from GW seems really disturbing. Do they post info in other ways — Insta, Twitter, blogs etc? Are they this hands off with enrolled students?

1 Like

I would honestly prefer gw because of the location and larger size

4 Likes

GW is a target/safety for me. Out of the schools I got into so far, UGA (in state) and Northeastern are my top two but I’m holding off on decision making until I compare financial aid. If they’re all the same, I’d go northeastern. I intend to be a business finance major and I applied to gw specifically bc I like the whole “the city is our campus” thing they have going on.

2 Likes

haha. yes the “campus” is an attractive aspect for many people

1 Like

haha, i’m the exact opposite. I personally prefer AU over GWU because of size and location.

3 Likes

nope. to be quite blunt, if I got in, I probably wouldn’t attend.

I think many people prefer that sense of security and traditionality that comes with attending an enclosed campus. Both are in DC tho, which makes them brimming with opportunity !

1 Like

Same!

it is for me - if I get in there’s a 90% chance I’m going

2 Likes

Do we think it’s gonna be today at 5 or Friday? I feel like Friday : (

2 Likes

tomorrow or friday probably

1 Like

gw is my first choice!

2 Likes