George Washington University Class of 2025 (ED1/2/RD)

I’m very confident it will be today. The GW admissions reps have been repeatedly hinting at it. (Also based on previous release dates it is most logical that it comes today)

3 Likes

If they don’t come out today im suing for emotional distress

7 Likes

Im waiting all this time to be rejected LOL

1 Like

I’m feeling the same way. You’re not alone. I’m expecting a waitlist or rejection.

2 Likes

same here. wtwhat with this year and the waitlists.

I was waitlisted from many schools I applied to. Even some schools that I considered to be a “safety.”

Waitlists from: UMD, U of SC, UNC (chapel hill).

I was in-state for UMD so it was like a slap in the face. Colleges are really weird this year so I don’t know what to expect anymore.

2 Likes

decisions will be out at 3!

4 Likes

How do you know?? That’s great!!

3 est?

2 Likes

Someone told me that their older sister works at GW Career Services and they had a meeting at which they said all the decisions have been made, so all they need to do is press a button to release them which will happen at 3 according to her.

11 Likes

ya! sorry for not specifying

3 Likes

same. literally makes me feel like why did I work so hard for this kind of result. I know this year is different than any other but the thought of it dragging out into the Summer before I know what’s next is so rough. Do you feel like people who got in places ED1/ED2 have already withdrawn? Do you know if schools auto drop people if they don’t take their spot at May 1?

4 Likes

I can’t believe there’s only 3 hours left… I am PANICKING.

4 Likes

I think that if you haven’t submitted your deposit by May 1st, then the school will drop you, yes. I don’t think all people that got in ED1 and ED2 have withdrawn because depending on the type of application, they might not be bound to that particular college, so they’re waiting for their other decisions.

Most EDs are binding, right? And you can only ED one place. Its EA that isn’t unless its Restrictive EA like Stanford and I think Georgetown

You can keep applications in for other schools if finances could be an issue at the ED school.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking (the restrictive EA). Because then they can still hear back from other schools. A friend of mine applied to Yale restrictive EA (and got in), but he’s still waiting to hear from other schools.

that makes sense

Sorry wrong school

Is there any official confirmation of decisions being today?