George Washington University Class of 2025 (ED1/2/RD)

i believe when you are accepted to the specific school, you can choose any major in that school

@123Mom123 great news!!

Only the IB one right? Not stacking with other?

Son got accepted very excited, 3.5 UWGPA, 1480 SAT and 2 varsity sports. The thing is he got merit $ from 3 other schools with similar or higher ranking, but nothing from GW.

1 Like

SO is GW has not awarded anyone yet…?? Or is it just we not getting any of those?

I’m late but…I got in!!! $24k Presidential Scholarship and a total of $71k in aid per year. Super excited!!!

3 Likes

accepted with presidential scholarship to school of public health! 3.94 uw, 4.3 w, 32 ACT. 8 APs, some other honor/dual enrollment classes. won’t be going there so good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!

1 Like

Hi! My D was accepted but the financial aid portal not updated yet. Anyone else in this situation?

1 Like

yes, it told me my merit award in my acceptance letter but the financial aid portal hasn’t been updated

How did you find the rest of financial aid?

We see the merit in letter too, but not aid yet

Any Corcoran Scholars?

accepted into Columbian College of Arts and Sciences for history! 3.8 weighted gpa rlly good ecs

correct.

Accepted to 7 year BA/MD!!! :partying_face::partying_face:
President and Alumni scholarship totaling $35k

Stats:
Native American (enrolled tribe)
4.35 w/ all dual enrollment Jr/Sr year
35 ACT/36 superscore
No subject tests or SAT
Stem focused ECs and leadership roles
Two year research internship
Lots and lots of volunteer hours
Very strong essays
Counselor LOR 9/10
English teacher LOR 8/10
Poor Math teacher is a terrible writer 6/10

Will wait to see if Hah-vahd comes back with an acceptance, if not kiddo is headed to DC!!!

2 Likes

Congrats! Also waiting on Harvard to make the final decision, but my son has some great choices, even if Georgetown broke him.

Accepted w/20K Presidential scholarship

Wow, that is so impressive! As a physician, I can’t tell you how much I would have given for a combined BA/MD program. Not just the one year saved, but the decreased stress level throughout undergrad would have made everything so much more enjoyable. Good for your son!! (And D.C. is just an extra perk!)

1 Like

Rejected - Submitted on January 30th for the extended deadline and with a waiver provided (unsure if this had a significant influence on my decision).

Applied to: Elliott School of International Affairs (Primary), and Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (Secondary).

Major: International Affairs/Political Science.

Responded to Essay Prompt 2 with a strong essay about a serious topic.

Stats:
GPA: 3.9 (UW) 4.8 (W).
No test scores submitted.
Extracurriculars: Prominent state/international leadership position, founder of a global creative arts organization, VP of 3 clubs (MUN, Service NHS, Theatre), choir, volunteer at community theatre, creative director of school show, etc. (several other leadership throughout high school).
Internship at a state nonprofit.
Research with an Ivy League University student.
Accepted into schools like Swarthmore (~9% acceptance) and University of Florida - Honors Program (13% acceptance).

I was very surprised by my GW decision. Is it because I submitted my application later? Any thoughts?

I know saying yield protection is controversial so I won’t say it…

I will say that I also submitted my app on the extended deadline w/ fee waiver and got in so that by itself shouldn’t have made too big a difference.

3 Likes