George Washington University Class of 2025 (ED1/2/RD)

Same lmao but I think this year has just shown how unpredictable the college admissions process is.

3 Likes

waitlisted.
this one stings.
4.38 12 APs
2 sports
2 jobs
Model UN and Youth in Government
Girls’ State
CONA
YMCA Youth Advocacy Board
Governor’s Service Award
5th waitlist…thought she had this one. This is her wheelhouse.
showed interest, toured

1 Like

Admittted - Columbian CAS
International

Hope and strength to all!

Been noticing a lot of higher stat people getting waitlisted… dont wanna say the forbidden yield protection but honestly I think its happening.

for all those wait listed, I am sure that it will be moving . GW cares about receiving the love, (and $). If they feel that GW was not being used for a safety and you truely want to go there, i have a feeling you will be offered a spot eventually. Many schools are creating more than normal wait lists for this purpose.

Decision: Accepted with Presidential Scholarship (20k/yr)
Major: Psychology

ACADEMIC STATS
Unweighted GPA: 3.84
Weighted GPA: ~4.0 (My school’s system is weird so GPAs are a little off)
Course Load: All honors, No APs (not offered at my school), IB Diploma Candidate
IB Exams: Psychology SL (6), Chem HL, Math AI SL, English HL, History HL, Spanish B SL
ACT: 34

SUBJECTIVE
ECs: Model UN (president), Environmental Club (club leader), Drama Club, Spanish Club, Service Club, middle school volleyball coach, local magazine journalist, stage manager, actor, and children’s teacher for local community theatre/nonprofit organization, NHS

Awards: Leadership Award (theatre-based), Service Award (school, 4 years)

Job/Work Experience: Hostess at Country Club (2.5 years), Server Assistant at Country Club (1.5 years), Babysitting (5 years)

Volunteer: Theatre stuff listed above, arts education instructor for underprivileged elementary school students, volunteer at local homeless shelter

Essays: All really well-done according to my counselors, probably 8-9/10

DEMOGRAPHICS
State: WI
High School Type: Private/Catholic
Didn’t qualify for need-based aid
Highest Level of Parent Education: MD
Lives with both parents (divorced, separate homes)

REFLECTION
Strengths: Good essays, strong theme in ECs, test scores
Weaknesses: Lower GPA (for some schools), lack of ECs/awards that show my interest in major
Also accepted at UW-Madison (in state), U Minnesota, Alabama, UCI, UCSD
Waitlisted UCSB
Rejected from UNC, Georgetown
Offered Guaranteed Transfer at BU
Waiting on 6 more high target/reach schools

Has anyone been awarded the Leadership Award? Or is that released at another date?

it was so hard to find lol but I logged into GWeb with GWID and PIN, and then it’s financial aid menu > my award information > award history and there’s a table that shows it!

I completed my application and submitted everything, but I didn’t get my decision. What!!!

For future applicants:

Decision: RD Accepted
ACT: 30
GPA: 3.5 UW (honors and 4 AP classes). No ranking or weighting.
Good ECs
State: NJ
Major: International Business
FA: none
Scholarship: none
Will be releasing my spot, hopefully free up a place for someone on WL. Good luck all!

1 Like

Decision: Accepted into honors program for Engineering
Scholarship: 25k presidential scholarship, 25k university and alumni award
Stats: 4.5 weighted, 3.9 unweighted, Class Rank: 12/129
Great Ec
Great Essays

Is anyone’s financial aid available yet? I only have my total cost of attendance, my awards and aid are not listed.

2 Likes

if it’s not up by monday i would just email/call them

1 Like

do you mind sharing what you wrote about? :stuck_out_tongue:

I answered the second essay prompt, something about a conversation with a friend I forget what exactly.

I wrote about a time my friend asked a group of us if sex work was “morally right.” Now, to be clear, I didn’t share my opinion on the subject because it’s irrelevant and THAT would be pushing it. Instead I wrote about how I corrected their question to encourage a better conversation, how they asked the wrong question or perhaps the right question too soon and in order to approach any topic in a meaningful way, we need to make sure we ask the right questions in the right order.

I ended it with how I hope to have impactful conversations like that one with students at GW this fall and I guess it was compelling enough to get me in!

3 Likes

funny story: when I got my acceptance I skimmed the letter, as one does, and didn’t think much of it until my grandparents pointed out that I was accepted for a major in exercise science??? when I applied undecided with a secondary interest in chemistry??? isn’t that strange??? lol I’m still gonna have to think it over but its probably not for me.

Perhaps they don’t specify for arts and sciences. It didn’t on my daughter’s either.

is there an official admitted class of 2025 group?

1 Like

yeah must be so

arts & sciences here
admitted

Has anyone seen the stats for this year’s admissions?