Georgetown Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Georgetown lets you submit a resume with your application!

1 Like

I’d be down as well!

Has anyone gotten their decisions yet?

Yep! Early action came out on Monday!

same

ACT: 31
SAT: 1400
Rigor: 11 Honors, 6 AP, 10 dual-enrollment
EC: President of student council, national honor society, and a volunteerism club that I founded. Secretary for my class committee. Lots of community service. Varsity cross-country captain. I work 40 hours a week during the summer.
Demographics: I live in a super rural area with very few AP classes. I am also profoundly hard of hearing.

4 Likes

I forgot to add GPA and class rank.
GPA: 4.0 unweighted 4.5 weighted

Jackie: First of all congrats on being admitted. Question…Do you have hearing aids? Also, did you talk to your hearing impairment in your application? My D has similar stats and has hearing aids.

I do wear hearing aids and that is what I wrote my personal statement on.

1 Like

Hi there! I was recently deferred, is there anything your daughter did/ sent to admissions before RD came out that helped her in the admissions process?

For all those deferred from EA, are you relying on RD or going EDII elsewhere?

1 Like

For those accepted EA, did any of you receive a follow up confirmation through snail mail?

Yes - Not yet, but did receive a personalized email through the individual school my kid was accepted to.

Did anyone get swag from the school yet?

Can you guys who were accepted to their Pol Science/Government/SFS, please post your stats with ECs? I am just trying to see where my D stands. She is a sophomore and thinking GT would be a good school for her interests?

Also, how do you compare GT with GWU? I know GT is higher ranked but can I still expect the same kind of preparation/internships from GWU too?

No, but DC has a temporary address listed, not our home.

Does anyone know if Georgetown going to be on delayed start? We were hoping to visit before the official revisit days in March.

not sure. but if u check the most recent @georgetownuniversity Instagram post, current students seem to be commenting/venting about how spring semester might be different from normal? i’m getting the vibe from those comments that it might be online/delayed start. also check “the hoya” - the Georgetown news publication thing.

1 Like

There is a webinar later today for accepted students.

1 Like

According to a current parent, no change in Georgetown schedule yet.

1 Like

Virtual until the 31st just announced