Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Thanks for your views.

It varies from college to college. For me, I got the credit for multivariable calculus, but did not get the oneā€™s for my linear algebra and differential equations class.

2 Likes

https://admission.gatech.edu/transfer/transfer-credit

The Georgia Tech transfer equivalency table lists all coursework and institutions (domestic and international) currently evaluated for transfer credit by our academic colleges. Students can search transfer credit by institution, subject area and term. Be sure to select the correct TERM (see equivalent data for all terms) when initiating a search on the table. The Georgia Tech Registrarā€™s Office manages and updates the table on a regular basis.

Accredited colleges or coursework not listed on the table will require an academic review by Georgia Tech faculty after admission but not during the application review process.

An official transfer credit evaluation is available to admitted students prior to FASET Orientation

3 Likes

I would think a dual enrollment credit would typically count.

1 Like

GT has academic and campus department webinars for the next several weeks : Georgia Institute of Technology - Academic and Campus Department Webinars

2 Likes

Very disappointing that GT could (potentially) delay decisions for OOS all the way to March 26th.

I suspect a lot of deferred kids and maybe even many RD kids will start losing interest.

2 Likes

I would advise using the documented database and review process.

Based on previous years and timelines this year, I had penciled in March 25, so this is consistent with my expectations.

1 Like

The last three years were: 3/13/21, 3/14/20 and 3/9/19

So isnā€™t it a year later this week?

Definitely UMich and GT will see that decline in interest. Looks like their admitted students day is just 2 days later, it would be hard for people to book tickets and fly out if their decisions come out positive. But Iā€™m still thinking this on or before, could be a wave as well.

1 Like

Oh, really? I didnā€™t know that. They will probably have additional dates (at least, I hope they do).

I also have a feeling they are saying ā€œ26thā€ to buy themselves additional time but might likely announce earlier. I think 19th is still a possibility for OOS applicants.

1 Like

Honestly I think they would like to get it out earlier but with 10,000 more applications this year than 2 years ago (largely from OOS) and the staffing issues all admissions offices are facing it is a real challenge. Per a friend who had a lengthy discussion with the admissions office a month or so ago, they review each application 3 times and test scores are not used as an elimination point (which would reduce the number of applications being read).

Even an end of the month decision puts it in line or prior to Ivy Day so there are lots of kids still waiting!

2 Likes

RD applicants will be ok with that timeline. But for my daughter and other applicants whom we know, who all applied early and expected to receive a decision back in January, Iā€™ve noticed a declining level of interest as each week passes.

Not that they are no longer interested in GT but the level of enthusiasm isnā€™t quite what it used to be. Many are beginning to warm up more towards other schools that have already accepted them.

3 Likes

I would 100% vouch this. Besides UCs will release all their decisions in the next 2-3 weeks or atleast prior to the proposed GT release. In my Dā€™s school, kids practically lost their hopes and interests in both GT and UMich with this large amounts of deferrals .

4 Likes

GT has two dates for the Gold Carpet day which are full day events for the admitted students. Other than that, they have admitted student tours available for the entire month of April. These are I think 2.5 hours long.
We had registered for the Gold carpet day but canā€™t make it now, so going for one of the days in April. Hopefully that will be good enough for my kid to get an idea about GT.

I understand and sympathize! Last year like most schools GT waitlisted thousands of students believing ot would be the year of the waitlist (it was not)! I will say that GT does review every application and give a firm decision during EA, even if it is a deferral. If I am remembering right almost half received rejections? If you were deferred it was for good reason (unlike Michigan who historically defers almost everyone who applies EA except those it accepts). I think both schools are in the position when they where they have many more qualified applicants then they can admit.

Good luck to your child!

1 Like

May I ask: What is DD DS meaning?

Dear son/dear daughter. DH is dear husband

1 Like

Thanks so much! Then DW would be dear wife and D22 meansā€¦?

D22 is daughter high school class of ā€˜22

1 Like