Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

It ain’t that great, just Michigan. I’m just surprised how few kids here go out of state, let alone the south, compared to the coasts (where I’m from originally). Plus we’re not rural or anything. I just had a sudden burst of positivity yesterday for some reason. Congrats and good luck to all of you! This really appears to be such an amazing school. My kid is loath to go too far from home, but if he actually got in I’d put him on a plane pronto! :rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe because Michigan in state is similar in prestige for STEM? Same reason why many in state Georgians opt for Ga Tech over other more expensive schools.

5 Likes

For sure. He’s still waiting to hear from Michigan which is understandably his first choice. He didn’t want to apply to any out-of-state privates, and I wasn’t keen on paying for another out-of-state flagship when we have Michigan State too. But definitely made an exception for GT :). Take my out of state dollars, please!

6 Likes

We have UT as an in state option but my son may also opt for Georgia Tech if admitted…and I will gladly give them my OOS dollars!

5 Likes

@dudeperfect @SKP2022 FA award notices will be sent in mid-April.

2 Likes

Thank you.
That is pretty late - mid-April.
Cannot do cost comparisons till that time and also gives very less time to discuss and appeal.

1 Like

According to CSS Profile, it shows that GT “Award Letter Date” is 4/4/22. Not sure how accurate this :arrow_down: Is, BUT for another college on the list, it was spot-on (ie “Award Letter Date” was 3/17/22 and that was the date my son got it)

2 Likes

Hello everyone

For all those who were deferred and then waitlisted, I’ve created a new thread to share information and support each other. Please participate.
Others with knowledge and experience with the process are also encouraged to join and help. Thank you in advance!

Waitlisted after defer: 4.0 UW/ 36 ACT, STEM-focused ECs with a national level recognition in one area. Now just waiting on Ivy decisions, but not much hope.

Good luck.

Please also post in the waitlist thread mentioned above. Thanks.

do we know when financial aid comes out?

Mid April

This mid-April without a specific date is creating a little anxiety.

Wish they were specific like their admission dates.

1 Like

Last year they also said mid-April, but I just went and checked, and we received the package prior to April 8th (I don’t have the exact date written down), so I would hope that they’d be coming any day now!

1 Like

I hope so too. We applied early action, then deferred, accepted regular decision, but still waiting for financial aid…into April!

1 Like

Folks

I spoke with the GT Financial Aid office.
Aid packages are coming out in the latter part of next week.