Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Georgia tech scholarship application - this is the first time I heard it. My son didn’t fill it. Is it available through Oscar?

Yes and on their website. Georgia Institute of Technology

Ours also looks same like Jazzy , though it shows the date as finalised in November
GT did make changes to FAFSA back in November, maybe it is that
They also needed a verification sheet back then

Good Morning!, How do you access the Oscar portal from the admissions page, I seem to be going around in circles. I did activate my passport account, but I dont see Oscar anywhere. Thanks.

Just Google Oscar Georgia Tech. It’s not on the admissions page, because it is not admissions only website. It is how admitted and current students register for classes.

2 Likes

Anyone else when you go into OSCAR and then Admissions → Application Status → Fall 2023 see that “Classification for Fee Payment” has turned into a live link? When I click it, it takes me to a page that says “please allow 3-4 weeks for review of your tuition classification.” This is new and was not there before today. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Sounds positive :crossed_fingers:

Seeing the same. It just opens a help dialog. Not sure if it means anything. I haven’t been monitoring that page. Is that the one that gets updated verse the other application page?

I see the same

1 Like

i see it too. i wonder what this means

And let the portal astrology kick into high gear!! :grinning: :grinning:

Best wishes to everyone waiting on results this evening!

3 Likes

Isn’t this just OOS vs In-state classification?

Yeah. But it has always been just OOS and IS, not an actual link saying that you are being reviewed for classification. That’s why I thought it’s different

4 Likes

I see it

You can’t log into portal anymore. It just shows an announcement that decision is coming

seems like everyone is seeing it and it’s just a normal portal update

2 Likes

can everyone log into media space?

No portal astrology happening on to the application status page. Your status no longer displays, instead you will see this.

Also, links removed from Oscar here:

And here:

Previous release was RELEASE: 8.5.2GT

2 Likes

Application status disappears every year - they update the spreadsheet under that link with the decision prior to release - but interesting about the Oscar links on the main page. That didn’t happen this fall - and you could see an Offer Letter hyperlink if you got in under Financial Aid a few hours before admission.

I guess GT expects its tech - y applicants to be nosing around trying to see their decision prior to release time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seeing the above posts about OSCAR, I decided to check mine

I saw a section about “GRA/GTA Payroll Deduction”

If this is how tuition is paid, is this a good sign?

4 Likes