Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Does anyone have any insights on campus housing at Georgia Tech? The website says it’s not guaranteed. Does that mean you have to accept early and apply early?

It is not guaranteed, but they will find a place for your student in freshman housing. Housing opened in January and priority for choosing comes from when you commit so you will have more/better choices if you commit earlier. However, even waitlisted students typically get a dorm room.

1 Like

Housing is good for freshmen, after that it is a big mess…

1 Like

How is it a mess after first year?

2 Likes

How did the meeting go? Did he like campus?

More challenging to get housing on campus. Many opt to live off campus but most close in is very expensive.

1 Like

I was deferred EA and heard on old threads that if you log into OSCAR and there’s a pay now button, it means you’ve been accepted. I see a pay now button if I go into the financial aid tab. Does this mean I was accepted, or is GT portal astrology unfounded?

1 Like

Pay now doesn’t work anymore. It has worked for several years but did not work this year. It didn’t indicate anything. They closed the hack. What apparently did work is if you go into Oscar several hours before decisions are released there should be an offer letter link under financial aid. If it’s there you got in. If it’s not there you didn’t. Doesn’t matter if you applied for financial aid or not. Letter itself is blank. Of course they could close this hack also. My son got in EA and it was there for him and everyone accepted. Deferred kids didn’t have it.

1 Like

I have a question about transfer pathways. For the transfer course requirements by major, say “X” course is required for my major. I have AP credit for “X” course. Do I have to meet Georgia Tech’s minimum AP credit requirement or the community college’s AP credit requirement that I will be transferring from?

It depends. If the community college gives you credit for the class and it is on your transcript Georgia Tech will count it. If that’s not how the community college handles AP credit, I don’t think it counts at Georgia Tech.

3 Likes

Good luck to all are expecting decision today! S23 OOS was deferred so keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Yes, good luck to all today!

1 Like

Well, it is guaranteed for freshman only if accepted by May 1st. If you are getting in from waitlist or transferring it is not guaranteed.
For second year students it is who pushed the button first competition.
After that it is total zoo.
Third and forth year students can register relatively early only if they were living on campus in previous year. If you were of campus one year and want to move back to campus it is not possible.
Here is what mess DD had last year. She was junior and lived on campus as sophomore. However, she did not get room. College did not have enough. She was on priority waitlist due to medical situation. She was offered Freshman shared room 10 days before Fall semester. She was told that she will have to move into another non-freshman dorm for spring semester. School did not assisted with move. Total strangers from Atlanta helped to move her from one side of the campus to another (several miles). She is OOS student without a car. Move had to be done during break when almost no students were around to help with move. It had to be on specific day not known in advance and family 13 hours away could not help.
This year she and her friends were registering on the very first day , the very first minute… Server went down. I told her not move and try to do it continuously or she is living on streets (she has to be on campus. ) She got through after pushing buttons for 2 hours and completing application in pieces (process crashed several times). It took her friends 5 hours to register. I think they got the room for next year…

2 Likes

https://oscar.gatech.edu/bprod/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=wmenu.P_FAApplStuMnu

At this link, does anyone see a “my offer letter” button or similar? for EA people who saw it day of decisions were admitted, I don’t have it so want to check if its still a thing or not

Don’t have “my offer letter” button either. But the “Student Authorization” link which denied entry yesterday now becomes accessible. Don’t know what it means.

The entire financial aid dashboard looks different than during EA2. Haven’t checked it for awhile so not sure when that changed. Anyone know?

I can see “my offer letter” when pressing the link you sent

when i press my offer letter, it brings to a different page that says " This information is not yet available for the academic year selected." and the option to " [Select Another Aid Year]

I just see instructions about generating a pin code and Fall 2022 grades now available.

Sounds promising! Good luck!

2 Likes