Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

congrats!

thank you! i hope itā€™s a good sign. i was deferred early and really hope this is a sign of acceptance. im wondering if everyone else can see it?

we canā€™t, for EA It was a direct sign of admission so it should be the same for RD

i can only see offer letter through the link you sent. i canā€™t see offer letter if i try logging in from oscar from the main portal

Son waitlisted.

accepted to cs! portal astrology was right

3 Likes

Son admitted :tada:
MechE

1 Like

Yes it was.

Rejected for CS
1500 SAT/33 ACT, 3.89uw, 4.57weighted, 16CC course, 5 honors, 8AP 6fig Biz, Intern for Polit Camp, Boy Scout, Sysadmin

Accepted Electrical engineering
Deferred in EA round

2 Likes

A&S Pathway :frowning:

1 Like

If you have a 6 figure business, why do you even need a degree?

long story but to put it simply itā€™s a hobbyist business which means 0 stability and perfectionism is a must for everything I sell, meaning I spend months to design one product and take away as high as the 6 figures Iā€™ve made or nothing at all, last few I did were nothing

Still, itā€™s amazing. Good luck for your business as well as college.

Thanks! You too! (assuming youā€™re also a student, if not good luck to your kids!)

Son admitted for MechE after deferred EA, unbelievable!
Son attends a small competitive high school in San Francisco. Naviance data showed only 1 acceptance for GT in last 5 years. Scoir couldnā€™t even draw a scattergram.
His GPA dropped from 3.95 (at EA deadline) to 3.93 (midyear report). He couldnā€™t do summer start as his overseas grandparents mandated that we go visit as we havenā€™t since 2019. So we were not hopeful at all.
Results from private colleges have been pretty miserable, denied by 6 including USC (brother is a senior there), waitlisted at Northeastern. But public colleges have been nice to him: accepted for MechE/Engineering at Purdue, UIUC, UW(Seattle), UCLA, (and other UCā€™s and Cal State Uā€™s such as Cal Poly SLO), now GT.

3 Likes

Rejected :frowning:

This almost the identical list for us:
Admitted - UIUC, Purdue, Michigan, UCLA, GT

Denied/waitlisted- USC, MIT, Washu, Princeton, Amherst

Son accepted to GT to aerospace engineering after being deferred in EA round ā€¦
This is overwhelming - he was very close to commit to UVA for the same major.

We didnā€™t even tour the school

3 Likes

Dd accepted to summer start after an EA deferral.

1 Like