Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Good luck to everyone, today! Fingers crossed!!

2 Likes

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Accepted. Glad not taking calculus didn’t ruin her chances. Good luck all.

20 Likes

Accepted for Fall :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

18 Likes

Accepted as a sophmore (start summer 2024) pending 3.3+ GPA somewhere else freshman year.

11 Likes

DD accepted for fall 2023 :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

13 Likes

Sibling got in in-state (woman, computational media, first-gen, 32 ACT with a 33 in science and 31 in math, no CS or math competitions/leadership but has work experience, 4.0 gpa in dual enrollment and doing GT distance math, and had strong essays). Sharing so other students with not top stats (1600/36act/national winners) can see its possible!!

13 Likes

Is that the conditional transfer pathway? My middle child got this off the waitlist. He planned his classes to satisfy it but a month into his freshman year he declared he was not transferring :slight_smile: Wishing your child lands somewhere where she is equally as happy or embraces the transfer as a positive. I think the stat is ⅓ of Tech graduates now are transfer applicants!

4 Likes

VirginiaBelle, Yes the conditional transfer pathway. I knew this was an option as his stats are on the line, and I’m a GT alum. I’m a little thrown with the summer start, but he must have selected he was OK with summer start on the common app. (Or maybe this pathway is 100% summer start.)
He loves Auburn and was accepted EA1… not sure what we will all decide. Waiting for a few more decisions to come in.

Congrats to your son! Based on your posts, I think he has some great options!

3 Likes

The conditional transfer pathway is 100 percent summer start I think. My middle kid is business so Terry was a great option with an enormous alumni network (Auburn has this too for their business school). He got into Florida also and those were his two top choices - UGA won. We live just down the road from UGA so that was his only negative - we always thought it would be a great place for him. He has loved it, done great academically, and is now a finance major. I do believe most land where they belong! My current applicant is an engineer and Auburn was right behind GT - it is a great place!

2 Likes

6 Likes

49 percent female - that sounds like a lot. Wonder how it compares!

1 Like

Last year, the EA1 round was 52% female. The final class was 44% female so it appears that their yield rate is much lower.

2 Likes

Do most students who didn’t get accepted EA1 get deferred to RD or rejected/or waitlisted typically?

it is an institutional priority to increase female enrollment and last year was the highest ever so seems still in line to increase it.

Typical step is referred to RD. Some get rejected, some get a pathway admission (a year at another college plus additional requirements). Most deferred.

2 Likes

Congrats to all the acceptances and best hopes for the deferrals. My heart goes out to those who were rejected- there’s a better school for you.

4 Likes

Accepted for Fall!

9 Likes

Looks like EA1 acceptance rate went up a bit compared to last year… does that mean anything for EA2?

Doubtful any improvement for OOS. Goes down every year.

1 Like