Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Is there a way that they know that an applicant can pay without aid if nothing is submitted? Or would the lack of FAFSA + CSS be an indication in it of itself that the applicant is full pay?

I’m not sure but I have read discrepant info about whether GA tech is need blind or need aware. Some say it’s need blind and other docs say it’s only need blind for in-state low income residents. But in the common app there is a section asking if you need financial aid or not, if the applicant responded no then I think they would know you are full pay.

1 Like

Will these financial aid files affect admissions? Now I am worried. Our high school asked us to file no matter what since they mentioned that it might also affect merit scholarships we would get for some universities.

Ours did too even though we don’t qualify. But on Ga tech’s financial aid website they also encourage everyone to apply for fin aid. It won’t hurt for need blind schools and for need aware they will look to see if you can pay if it comes down to that from what I’m reading.

1 Like

We are OOS, waiting on EAII decisions. My DS’s admissions page has an additional account information section, asking to create a Georgia Tech account. Are the decisions posted in this account or the admission portal?

1 Like

Decisions are posted on the admissions portal. The other login is to login to Oscar. It also gives you access to other GT portals. Oscar is interesting because you can click on the admissions tab and see a spreadsheet of all the data they have on you. It also reflects when your decision has been made although they block it off during admissions release. There is also an award letter icon that appears under financial aid a few hours before release if you get in. It worked two years ago and it worked again this year for EA apparently, for those interested in portal astrology.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. Checked the spreadsheet, all the AP scores are there (10 of them) but the SAT didn’t show. Official SAT is showing on the portal. I saw there’s a tab to report errors on the top of the spreadsheet, Should we report the missing information on the spreadsheet?

3 Likes

I think as long as they show in the portal you’re good but you could also just shoot off an email to admissions at their email address and just note that there’s a disparity between the information in Oscar and on the portal. Two years ago, we noticed that the contact telephone number was incorrect. Wouldn’t be a big deal for regular admissions, but if a student is waitlisted they often call. Just a good idea I think to be sure all is correct :-). I think all we had to do to correct that was change the telephone number in Oscar so we didn’t need GT intervention .

1 Like

Did you send official AP scores? We are not seeing both SAT and AP scores in Oscar

When my DS applied two years ago, a “Pay Now” button showed up on Oscar Financial Aid page at 2:30pm on EA1 decision release day. It turned out that all admitted students had this button; well those not admitted did not have it. It is the famous GT “Pay Now” hack.

However, this year on 12/9, my DD did not see this “Pay Now” button on her Oscar portal, and she was depressed. In the end, she still got in. I guess GT has fixed this hack.

3 Likes

Yes this hack didn’t work last year either.

3 Likes

Two years ago there were several portal hacks. The pay now button was a big one. Also the offer letter. Also kids could log into the library. Pay now button disappeared this year, as did the ability to log into the library. You could still see the offer letter, which I think now says award letter, under the financial aid tab in Oscar. It was there for my son. We didn’t apply for financial aid but are in state so he does get the Zell scholarship.

3 Likes

You don’t. You have to have them forwarded to the school via College Board.

2 Likes

Does anyone know when early action decisions come out? When did they come out last year?

1 Like

Past dates (EA2 for 2022, just EA prior to that as there was no split between in-state and out-of-state)
2022: 1/29
2021: 1/23
2020: 1/18
2019: 1/12

1 Like

Long wait, Dad! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow dates pushed back every year!

2 Likes

Thank you,

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying
 my S23 OOS compsci major is anxiously awaiting the EA-OOS January decisions. He has three schools that he would be thrilled to attend as ‘dream’ schools but Tech is truly his top choice! When we visited he just stood in the main quad just soaking it all in and said this is where he sees himself.

1 Like

@Topgolf was your son able to make a GT Account and log in to Oscar? My son keeps getting lead in circles. Now that state swim championship, county ModelUN conference and finals are over he’s going to look at it again to see what he missed. He just wants to make certain all of the financial stuff has come through as well as apply for other scholarships. He has applied as CompSci major, what is your son majoring in?