Good news, Bama Frosh Scholarships will NOT be changing!

<p>We’re in the same boat as a few others, with a D who is a prospective student in 2014. So, I too am hopeful they retain the freshman scholarships at least one more year! It goes without saying, but what a generous program!</p>

<p>We are from the midwest and visited in late March as my college age S was in a track meet at Bama. It was sorority preview weekend and there was home baseball, softball, and I think tennis. It was a great time to visit and the weather was perfect. We logged several miles by foot but I found it to be an easy campus to get around.</p>

<p>The college search has just started for D and it will include a few Big Ten schools and a few other SEC schools but we left T-town with a great impression.</p>

<p>This forum has been a tremendous source of information and I sincerely appreciate all who post often!</p>

<p>Welcome! </p>

<p>Will you please post in our state roll call thread?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Awesome news. I was told the same thing by the college fair guy at the SF College fair. Second time I’ve seen him and he’s been awesome both times. Son’s resume has gotten better. Have you heard anything regarding the engineering scholarships. By chance you know of any stats on people that got that super rare presidential scholarship. Does sending your commended PSAT scores make any difference? I notices its only stat based. I’m almost 100% sure son just missed NMSF California is such a bad state to compete with other kids. Plus headache of AP tests, SATII, SAT, and ACT omg and all the college info sessions. My head is spinning.</p>

<p>Which scholarship are you asking about? The Presidential is the one your son will get.</p>

<p>The PSAT score won’t matter except for NMSF status.</p>

<p>When I find out about the eng’g scholarships, I’ll post!! :)</p>