Good schools for nursing in the Boston Area for someone with a 3.3 gpa?

<p>I'm a sophmore with a 3.3 GPA. I'm trying to bring it up, but I'm also starting to search for colleges. I'd really like to be in Boston. So, could anyone recommend me a good nursing school for someone with a 3.3 GPA? If it helps, my weighted is a 4.1.</p>

<p>There are so many nursing schools in and around Boston! The most selective would be Boston College and Northeastern, but that is just the beginning! UMASS Boston and Simmons are both right in the city, while Merimack and Salem Sate are in the suburbs. UMASS Amherst also has a great program. Sacred Heart and URI are in New England and have great programs.</p>

<p>Also putting one in for UMass Dartmouth. I have similar stats to you (though i’m a junior, and my GPA is a little higher now) and i’m in love with UMD, especially after I visited this past spring. Their Nursing program is amazing. It’s not necessary near Boston, but closer than UMass Amherst.</p>

<p>Also hoping to visit Simmons; i’ve heard nothing but great things about their nursing program as well.</p>

<p>i had a 3.4 gpa in HS, I graduated this year. I applied to mostly Boston area colleges. I got into: Northeastern, Simmons, Umass Amherst, (which isn’t really Boston area, it’s a good two and a half hrs away) Saint Anselm (in NH but near some big hospitals and an hour from Boston) Fairfield, UConn, UVM, UNH, Mass college of pharmacy and health sciences and Drexel (in philly)</p>

<p>Of those, the only ones in Boston are Simmons, Northeastern and MCPHS. I would recommend applying to those ones. Some other ones to consider are Umass Boston, Curry, Endicott, BC. Northeastern has an amazing program, but I chose not to go there due to the price. A nursing degree is a nursing degree and I wasn’t going to pay an extra 120k just for a name. Its also right next to Simmons and MCPHS, which are right near a lot of the big hospitals. So I would definitely consider those ones.</p>

<p>If you don’t mind me asking gingerlemon, where did you end up going?</p>